New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Good evening guys.

Help me to choose an automatic 2nd hand car under 400k with....
    a) good/excellent FC
    b) proven engine reliability
    c) riding comfort

Saw some ad posts and here is what im currently considering.
    screenshot001.jpg

What should be the best buy considering my set of preferences?

Pwede niyo rin dagdagan kung may alam kayo na mas swak sa budget ko

BTW, im not into the really small/compact cars.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Among your current options, dun ako sa newest (assuming normal mileage nya at di overused). 2011 Fiesta.

Keep searching, you might find newer Altis or Vios fitting your budget, especially for owners leaving or selling rush.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Given all three of your criteria, it will be a choice between the two Altis. The Altis G model has better features over the E model.

If you want better power and more comfort plus a responsive drive, get the 7th gen Accord (2003-2007) 2.4L. However, FC will be higher compared to the Altis.

For 400k, you can also checkout a Civic FD (2006-2008) 1.8L or a Mazda3 2.0L or Focus 2.0L. The Civic FD will be the better in FC conpared to the Mazda3 or Focus.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Also, if you don't like small cars, take out from your options the sub-compacts (Vios, City, or Jazz). Maybe focus your search within the compact category (Altis, Civic, Lancer, Mazda3, Focus, Sentra). I would only suggest getting a midsize (Accord, Mazda6, Camry, Galant, Cefiro) if you can live with an FC average for city driving of 7 km/L (or even lower! ).
    Last edited by Egan101; April 4th, 2014 at 12:11 AM.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Also, if you don't like small cars, take out from your options the sub-compacts (Vios, City, or Jazz). Maybe focus your search within the compact category (Altis, Civic, Lancer, Mazda3, Focus, Sentra). I would only suggest getting a midsize (Accord, Mazda6, Camry, Galant, Cefiro) if you can live with an FC average for city driving of 7 km/L (or even lower! ).
    Hehe sub compact pala vios...a bit new to cars kasi

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Among your current options, dun ako sa newest (assuming normal mileage nya at di overused). 2011 Fiesta.

Keep searching, you might find newer Altis or Vios fitting your budget, especially for owners leaving or selling rush.
    Hindi ba malakas FC ng Ford Fiesta? Been trying to find some info on it pero di ako makakita eh. City driving ang concern ko since ill be using it most of the time- from pasay to ortigas via edsa...

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Face it... Something is wrong or might go wrong sa mga cars on that list. Common story for second-hand vehicles. To be practical, go for the Toyota brand. In case of breakdown a few months after you buy from the dealership (common story), parts and repair will be cheaper rather than repairing a Ford or Honda.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by brod78 View Post
    Good evening guys.

Help me to choose an automatic 2nd hand car under 400k with....
    a) good/excellent FC
    b) proven engine reliability
    c) riding comfort

Saw some ad posts and here is what im currently considering.
    screenshot001.jpg

What should be the best buy considering my set of preferences?

Pwede niyo rin dagdagan kung may alam kayo na mas swak sa budget ko

BTW, im not into the really small/compact cars.
    newer is better. however, one of your criteria is excellent FC and you don't like compact cars. so the following are my choices, in order:

a) The Altis E
    b) The Altis G
    c) The Fiesta
    d) The Vios

other considerations, the Kia Rio, the Kia Carens. the first gen Hyundai Tucson, a Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; May 21st, 2014 at 10:59 AM.