New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If you already have a Mirage and Fortuner, the Altis is a good 3rd car.

The City is just as premium as a Mirage for me. Even if it's technically more spacious than a Mazda 3 or Lancer EX, it still screams cheapo subcompact, not any different from a Vios or Accent.

The Altis is more premium, just as spacious and more comfortable, which seems to be exactly what you're looking for.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Cheapo sub compact ? I dont think so

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kandule View Post
    Cheapo sub compact ? I dont think so
    Well that's my opinion. If you think the City's a luxurious car, then suit yourself

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Well that's my opinion. If you think the City's a luxurious car, then suit yourself
    Telling people here that honda city is a cheapo car makes me think that you either a honda hater or you are a HONDA HATER

Or a filthy rich SOB

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Telling people here that honda city is a cheapo car makes me think that you either a honda hater or you are a HONDA HATER

Or a filthy rich SOB
    Hahaha. Kaya bumebenta as "premium" ang honda e. Dahil may taong tingin ay "premium" din

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    fanboi har har har

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Or a filthy rich SOB
    of course it's a cheapo car!
    it's cheaper than the civic! or the accord!

cheapo does not refer to your buying ability... it refers to what the manufacturer has designed it for... and in this instance, it's cheaper than the civic and accord..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Hahaha. Kaya bumebenta as "premium" ang honda e. Dahil may taong tingin ay "premium" din
    Ewan ko ba sa Pinas. I have opinionated Jap friends who are all unanimous about Toyota being a "premium" and consider Honda as "entry level".

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by k0mpressor View Post
    Ewan ko ba sa Pinas. I have opinionated Jap friends who are all unanimous about Toyota being a "premium" and consider Honda as "entry level".
    "fortunately, it's not universal.."
    as evidenced by the sales of other non-toyota brands, including honda..

i guess this is proof enough that car manufacturing is both a science and an art..
    Last edited by dr. d; November 11th, 2014 at 08:03 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Or a filthy rich SOB
    Don't get me wrong, the City is a nice car - fuel efficient, spacious, feature-packed. But it's not luxurious. It still screams subcompact every time I see one, perhaps due to its ubiquity as well.

And no, I'm not a Honda hater. I think the same of other subcompacts like the Vios and Accent.

It's not about being a snob either, I'd be totally open to getting a Fiesta or Jazz if the budget is that limited, but definitely won't pretend that it's a classy car. They're very fun and practical though.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012

Or a filthy rich SOB
    No haters here nor SOBs. Just fanboys.

'Cheaper' would have been a better word though.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast