New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by frostentangle View Post
    How thirsty can it get? Full time 4wd pala kala ko pwede siya if 4x2 pag city lang. We're leaning towards the AT since matrapik na yung city area namin, although Mu-x provides better ride (not sure how the fortuner will handle ride quality since naka ironman lift kit na din siya) and fuel efficiency.

So it boils down to either going for fuel efficiency (mu-x) or comfort in driving mode during traffic [and off-road capabilities] (fortuner).

Yes sir 2013 model, VNT na siya.
    Most Tsikoteers typically agree on 5km/L thereabouts in MM city driving. Where do you live, by the way? Actually, come to think of it, actual whp difference between the Fort and the MUX probably isn't that much due to the MUX's manual tranny and lack of 4WD.

Are you only choosing between these two units? Perhaps you can look for an AT MUX, or perhaps a 2.5 VNT Fortuner if gas mileage is a priority.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    How thirsty can it get? Full time 4wd pala kala ko pwede siya if 4x2 pag city lang. We're leaning towards the AT since matrapik na yung city area namin, although Mu-x provides better ride (not sure how the fortuner will handle ride quality since naka ironman lift kit na din siya) and fuel efficiency.

So it boils down to either going for fuel efficiency (mu-x) or comfort in driving mode during traffic [and off-road capabilities] (fortuner).

Yes sir 2013 model, VNT na siya.
    if youre worried about fc.. go for the mt..

its 7kml vs 10kml...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Depends on your priorities. The Fortuner 4x4 is known for being thirsty due to the combination of full time 4WD, 3.0 engine and 4 speed AT. But then it is top of the line and has the extra grunt and 4x4 should that be a deal breaker for you.

If you just need a reliable and efficient city driver, and you don't mind driving a manual, then by all means go for the MUX. It still offers decent highway performance and light off road capabilities should the situation call for it.

Test drive both before coming to a decision!

The Fort 3.0V has a 2H mode so it's not full time 4WD.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Most Tsikoteers typically agree on 5km/L thereabouts in MM city driving. Where do you live, by the way? Actually, come to think of it, actual whp difference between the Fort and the MUX probably isn't that much due to the MUX's manual tranny and lack of 4WD.

Are you only choosing between these two units? Perhaps you can look for an AT MUX, or perhaps a 2.5 VNT Fortuner if gas mileage is a priority.

5 km/L is on the low side, that would be only for very heavy traffic over short distsnce. I used a Fort 3.0 for a time, I got an average of 6.5-7 km/L on my Pasig-Makati route.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    UPDATE:

We got the 4x4 2013 Fortuner V.

I have yet to test the FC. By the way we're from Davao. Not that heavy traffic compared to MM though.

Medyo naninibago sa steering at accelerator mas mabigat compared to sedans.

Any recommended papogi upgrades? Naka ironman 2" lift kit na siya. Meron pa kayang accessories for 2013?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    congratulations!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    UPDATE:

I have yet to test the FC. By the way we're from Davao. Not that heavy traffic compared to MM though.

Any recommended papogi upgrades? Naka ironman 2" lift kit na siya. Meron pa kayang accessories for 2013?
    Congrats on the new car! Madami namang upgrades para sa Fortuner. Where would you like to focus?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    focal audio kit upgrade [emoji6]

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    UPDATE:

Change the suspension if you are not satisfied with the ride, unless naka-aftermarket na pala yan at mas smooth na yung ride. At stock, it is stiffer than the competition.

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    Congrats on the new car! Madami namang upgrades para sa Fortuner. Where would you like to focus?
    I think my focus first would be aesthetics. Internally, ipapa bac-to-zero ko muna at ipapa plastic matting along with interior detail. Externally, ceramic coating siguro wala naman akong nakikitang mga gasgas (papa retouch nalang if meron). And then lastly, papagandahin yung looks gusto ko sana minimalistic na sporty look; change the grills (please recommend ng mga custom grills for 2013 model), no heavy stuffs para di na mabigat sa FC. Then security, dashcam (please recommend) and backing camera or upgrading the head unit (please recommend).

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    focal audio kit upgrade [emoji6]
    Di na siguro sa audio sir, ayos pa naman yung stock lang.

Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Change the suspension if you are not satisfied with the ride, unless naka-aftermarket na pala yan at mas smooth na yung ride. At stock, it is stiffer than the competition.
    Naka aftermarket ironman kit na siya sir, not sure if that's what you mean. Yung nakita ko is apat na puting ironman shocks with yellow coils tapos yung pulang SR performance na bar.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast