New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hi, my father will be buying an SUV and we narrowed our options to those two cars in the title. Based on reviews that I have read, it seems that the 2012 Monty has an edge over the 2012 Forty. Sa performance daw and sa handling, matagtag pa rin daw kasi yung 2012 Forty. My father likes the 2012 Forty's look compare to Monty, isang factor rin kasi yun. We have also noticed that the (2007) Forty's interior is same as that of the 2012, even the head unit.

In the case of 2012 Monty naman, parang masikip kasi yung likod compare sa 2012 Forty, kung may uupong at least 3 or 2 passengers. I have read also that the 2012 Monty 2.5 GLS V is much more powerful than a 3.0 Forty.

I will appreciate any feedback on this. (Pros and Cons)

We just want to know kung anong mas magandang bilhin sa dalawa.

Thank you and more power, Tsikot!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I don't like the gas variant of the Fortuner, neither does the 2.5L D4D is comparable with the power that the Montero GLS-V has. So I'm going with the Montero even though I really like the Fortuner ever since -- esp. the MMC variants, year 2009-2011.

I have been in several Fortuners but I haven't tried the Montero yet. IMO, the ride isn't really that terrible as what popular claims are saying.

The only time I'll consider the Fortuner is when it's the 3.0L D4D variant. Personal favorite lang.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    surprisingly, the narrow profile and great turning radius of the monty is a plus factor for me especially with the kind of roads we have in the philippines

since we are not as wide bodied as other nationalities, tamang tama lang

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I see. Thanks for the reply, mga sir. Our budget is around 1.5K, so out of range na yung Monty GTV and/or Fortuner 3.0

So, I guess mas maganda talaga Montero GLS V AT compare to the Fortuner 2.7 G..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yes, and the fact that its diesel it might end up cheaper in the long run. Don't know how much the maintenance cost is, though since CRDi's tend to be more expensive than their gasoline-fed counterparts.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Yes, actually, in Botchi Santos' column, he wrote that in terms of maintenance, the cheapest is the Forty, next is Tucson (out of topic na 'to) followed by the Monty. Honestly, the high maintenance of the car is not an issue for us, just the performance and the reviews about it. Syempre, hard earned money yun, so we have to get the best. Thanks for the infos, guys, though more will be appreciated. hehe. =)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    kung Monty IMHO lang GT-V na mas ok para sa akin yung additional features at value for money na rin

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    *marion
    I see, but apparently, our budget is lower than the GTV's price, that's why we are looking at the GLS-V. Either that or yung nga, the Forty 2.7 G

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I read in the Montero thread that the 1K pms costs 6-7K? (libre to sa ibang brands) Maybe you should take note of the maintenance cost between the two also. I'll still pick the Montero by the way..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Guy View Post
    I read in the Montero thread that the 1K pms costs 6-7K? (libre to sa ibang brands) Maybe you should take note of the maintenance cost between the two also. I'll still pick the Montero by the way..
    Same with other brands, free labor for first 1T km and 5T km, you still pay for oil filter and motor oil. Best to bring your own oil and filter, dealer oil and filter is priced high.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2012 Montero GLS - V 4x2 A/T or 2012 Fortuner 2.7 G A/T