New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    imho, the fortuner is more bang for the buck between the two choices right now considering everything that i think is important. already drove the fortuner 2.5G and the ride was bearable (not the backbreaking kind i was led to believe in some forums), acceleration just enough (i don't plan to race an SUV anyway) and the interiors also feel better. i get the general impression that i'm buying more car.

the montero is also a great suv, in fact i was planning to get one before this 2012 face-lifted fortuner came out but i felt like i'm only buying it for its engine and hence some bragging rights, hehehe (for me, this is the only significant advantage). the ride was more comfy but i'm young and i don't have lumbosacral problems. also, i find diesel engines noisy especially if you keep it longer, so i guess it's the fortuner 2.7 vvti for me. on maintenance and fuel costs, i'd get a cheaper car, a motorcycle or even a bicycle if i place a premium value on these concerns. but, this is just me. hth

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thanks guys, will be visiting some casas tomorrow to check for Montys. Based on your opinions, we might choose this over the Forty. Another question, what's the best Mitsubishi dealer should we check? Obviously, pass kami sa Peak Motors EDSA, based on bad reviews..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    A new eve will be coming out, not interested with an Eve?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    *tholitz
    We prefer Monty tlga or Forty. So most probably, we'll pass on the Everest.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The Facelifted Fort looks better than the previous models. But in terms of ride comfort and acceleration, I'd choose the Montero.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kahit anong gawa nila sa Fortuner to improve it's ride comfort, masikip parin siya, at wala silang magagawa diyan in any facelift. There is no legroom to speak of in the 3rd row, 2nd row is strictly for 3 only, headroom is very limited due to the ceiling mounted aircon... Besides, the Fortuner 2.7G is gasoline powered so malakas yan sa gas, and then inline 4 lang siya so power is so-so. Montero Sport na talaga. If you are into gasoline SUVs, why don't you consider the Montero Sport 3.0V6? 1.44M only! And you get 220hp!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    *gti

Thanks for that. Actually, we'll be getting the montero na. Bout dun sa 3.0, i think walang model na ganun. The monty that's in that price range is the gls-v, yun yung kukunin namin. The mext model after the gls-v is the gtv worth 1.7m. Ang alam ko na 3.0 fro
    Mitsubishi is the pajero.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tanforya View Post
    *gti

Thanks for that. Actually, we'll be getting the montero na. Bout dun sa 3.0, i think walang model na ganun. The monty that's in that price range is the gls-v, yun yung kukunin namin. The mext model after the gls-v is the gtv worth 1.7m. Ang alam ko na 3.0 fro
    Mitsubishi is the pajero.
    Meron! Check out Mitsubishi Philippines's price list. Wala pa yung details sa website nila pero like with the base 1.2M non-VGT variant, andun yan sa price list. Yung V6 gasoline engine sa Pajero is a bigger 3.8L unit.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tanforya View Post
    Yes, actually, in Botchi Santos' column, he wrote that in terms of maintenance, the cheapest is the Forty, next is Tucson (out of topic na 'to) followed by the Monty. Honestly, the high maintenance of the car is not an issue for us, just the performance and the reviews about it. Syempre, hard earned money yun, so we have to get the best. Thanks for the infos, guys, though more will be appreciated. hehe. =)

You can read this thread to help you lower maintenance cost. Go buy from a casa that will allow you to bring your own oil and oil filter and fuel filter. http://tsikot.com/forums/engine-fuel...tration-79219/
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    *gti
    I see.. I guess i'll have to check that out. Thanks, anyway, man.

*ry_tower
    Got it. Will do that for the first change oil. Thanks.

To all who gave their opinions, salamat po. We decided to go with the Monty Gls-V. Thanks ulit for the feedbacks and suggestions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2012 Montero GLS - V 4x2 A/T or 2012 Fortuner 2.7 G A/T