New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if i were in your shoes, i'd get the altis. the altis is not an economy model. the vios is, even if it's TOTL..
    besides, altis has a softer ride and nicer approach...
    ... as you approach, they say "ay... vios... taxi..."
    that is, if you're gullible enough to fall for that crap..
    Last edited by dr. d; December 12th, 2013 at 12:22 AM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ... as you approach, they say "ay... vios... taxi..."
    that is, if you're gullible enough to fall for that crap..
    Haha, I never fall for that kind of crap sir.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tsikot Forums Mobile App mobile app

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I've seen the 08 Vios 1.5G last Sat. But test drive wasn't possible at the time.
    The only thing I found disappointing was the leather seat cover in front which was torn already.
    Only at 33K odo, looks very fresh.
    Meantime I still haven't seen the Altis 1.6V because the owner was unusually busy these days

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguarpw View Post
    I've seen the 08 Vios 1.5G last Sat. But test drive wasn't possible at the time.
    The only thing I found disappointing was the leather seat cover in front which was torn already.
    Only at 33K odo, looks very fresh.
    Meantime I still haven't seen the Altis 1.6V because the owner was unusually busy these days

if it's torn, it is probably faux leather. anyway, it should be easy and cheap to repair.
    the altis owner does not seem to be desperate to sell.. either that, or he knows he got you hooked good..
    good luck.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Yup the Altis owner is not in a rush to sell. And I'm also not in a hurry to buy. We knew this from the start.

Anyways, I just got back from a test drive of yet another Vios 1.5G year 09. Boy the AC is blasting cold. It's evening so walang ka effort effort. The color is black which is not my cup of tea. I like silver better - less maintenance.
    40K on the odo, feels like brand new inside out. And the seat cover, although fabric, is topnotch. This is where it trumps the 1st Vios.

I texted the Altis owner that I'm considering the Vioses now. He said "pag makita mo ang Altis ko, for sure mababago isip mo. " oowwwss...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I checked the LTO registrations of the subject cars thru text and here's what I found.
    The silver Vios and black Vios have updated registration (2013). Whereas the Altis was last registered Sept 2012. Should I be wary about the Altis if it skipped registration? It's really minus pogi points para sa Altis. Tsk tsk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Just to update this thread. I have lost contact of the seller of the Altis. He said he's been very busy. Oh well, he must have more important things to do than selling his car.
    Anyway, I'm seriously considering a Vios at this point. Happy hunting to me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ Just take your time. If you can wait for next year, mas mumura pa ang Altis as the new model comes out and the existing models age by another year in terms of depreciation. On Altis versus a Vios, i'd still say the Altis will be worth the search.

How about taking a trip to Manila for a few days to get a second hand unit from here then you ship it to CDO? Might be worth the shot as well.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    My vote is for the Altis. Vios may be nice and economical to own... but, even just knowing you're driving an Altis, may be more satisfying.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^ Just take your time. If you can wait for next year, mas mumura pa ang Altis as the new model comes out and the existing models age by another year in terms of depreciation. On Altis versus a Vios, i'd still say the Altis will be worth the search.

How about taking a trip to Manila for a few days to get a second hand unit from here then you ship it to CDO? Might be worth the shot as well.
    Sir Vinj, I was actually contemplating on buying in Manila pero I think it will cost an arm to have it shipped to CDO. Malayo-layo din kc. Cguro kung from Cebu, kakayanin pa. I browsed sulit and ayos, I was amazed napakadami ng choices ng 2nd hand. Ang flooded unit nalng ang problema ngayon.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Is 2009 Altis 1.6V a good buy?