New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    same price po. good condition po pareho. manual din po. alin po mas maganda? in terms po of maintenance, look, performance? thanks po.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    yun po ay mitsubishi lancer mx 2000 model at honda civic vti 1998 model.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    For me, assume same price, get the newer model.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    considering both in good condition. if you'll keep it stock, the Lancer- although may suspension issue diyan. after mapaasyos ang suspension, ok na. IMHO, mas ok din ang Lancer sa looks. lalo na yung last facelift ng Pizza. yung extended bumpers na.

Civic. i think this not yet the SiR body. performance and tuning capability- handsdown.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 98 VTi is the same body as the SiR.

I'd get whichever is in better condition, provided both are manual or both are automatic. If one is manual and one is automatic, I'd get the manual, assuming that it's in similar condition to the other car.

These cars are over a decade old. At this point, you will be dealing with rust, brake, suspension, electronic and trim issues. Whatever the brand or make of car, it can be a money pit if it's in poor condition.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I vote VTi. We had a pizza Lancer once, but a much older model. It's slow when it's full, the suspension had many noises (problem common in Mitubishis), and if you consider ergonomics, the overall interior design isn't as good as the Civic's.

But there's one thing that I really like about that car...the gear ratios. They're perfect for highway cruising. Doing 120km/h requires only 3,200RPM if I remember it right. Civics need anywhere between 3,000-3,800RPM to cruise at only 100km/h for the LXi/VTi and SiR respectively. Downside is that the Lancer's gearbox won't be so convenient when driving in Metro Manila traffic.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    If its the latest model of the pizza (evo 6 inspired), then, this would get my vote. 10 years has passed but the looks still never fades (classy yet sporty). just check if its in pristine condition para wala ka nang pproblemahin.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Whichever is maintained better.

If either of the choices is M/T then one is A/T ., id be going for the M/T since old cars with A/T trannys tend to break down because of poor maintenance.

If both are A/T ... then I`d opt for the Civic. I`m a bit doubtful about the suspension of the Pizza pie.

2000 mx or 98 vti