New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    yebo: wala pa naman. pero I'm surely buying by next week. post ko dito if I find something good and cheap (as if may ganun pa hehehe...)

ghosthunter: I was thinking of getting the same thing pero wary ako na baka hindi nya kaya yung constant travel. or might as well have it properly secured whenever mobile na.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Got my Coleman 200 Watt inverter for $19 bucks on sale. Very nice specially when we have a long drive with the GPS and my laptop.

As for a mobile office, here's my idea.

Get a mac mini (base price is $499 but upgrade the memory to at least 512mb or 1GB)

Get a Liliput touch screen LCD and make a custom install:

Get a canon mobile printer i80 - works both with rechargeable batts or directly in a power source, only 4 lbs Dimensions: 12.4" W x 6.9" D x 2.0" H so it can fit most glovebox compartments.

And you can get a wireless mini keyboard and mouse with BT.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    airshaq20: excellent suggestions!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    where can i buy a reasonably priced inverter? want to bring the ps2 on the road....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpink
    get the we-roam wireless dsl of pldt ... not as fast as if you have a hard line ... but it's better than using your mobile phone ... not sure if will work in batangas though ..

it will work. weroam rides on the GPRS infrastructure of Smart. so kung saan may signal ng smart, may weroam ka....

diba silver_corolla?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    A buddy of mine and I are thinking of embarking on a project that would rig his SUV with a shuttle PC with a 15" flat screen. May rumble pad pa. Unfortunately, we don't have the time yet on our hinds to plan for this project.

The Canon i80 is a very good portable printer. However, the hp 450 got a higher overall user rating (7.4) compared to Canon's 6.9. Then again, you can't go wrong with any of these two: light, runs on batteries and good print quality. However, I read somewhere that the Canon i80 eats ink a lot faster compared to the HP's DeskJet 450.

As for the inveter, if you don't mind locally made ones, you can get them at raon

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    opps huwag kalimutan baka di kaya ng alternator yun mga inverter ninyo baka kailangan din ipa-upgrade ,

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would recommend getting a tablet pc instead of a regular laptop (pero mahal na option eto).

Sa printer I would suggest the HP because cannons (although smaller/lighter) have smaller ink containers and have very expensive ink than HP.

Sa inverter I have 2 (one on each ride that I use). The earlier model rates 200w and does well. The newer one I got from ALEXAN (in SM) rates at 200w pero seems to overload (baka madaling mag-init) often with the same load of appliance (usually my XDA2 charger). Sa laptop charger wala naman problem. Cost was P1500 to 2500.

If you want a generic inverter made in Raon, try this ANASCOM, 3rd Flr 545 F. Torres St., Sta Cruz, Manila. Its walking distance sa ilalim ng LRT route in Raon, Quiapo. Tel (02) 733-8185, 8857, 8858, 736-6689. Try if the numbers still work, thier name card I have with me is already 3yrs old. They say they are one of the common suppliers ng inverters ng mga provincial buses (Victory liner) for the big TV and VHS/VCD/DVD player nito. Maybe kaya nila ang PS 2 and an big TV. Cost was P2700 to P10,000 depending on the wattage.

Alternator capacity could be a problem for cars, but for SUVs and pick-up baka kaya na.

my 2 cents

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpink
    get the we-roam wireless dsl of pldt ... not as fast as if you have a hard line ... but it's better than using your mobile phone ... not sure if will work in batangas though ..
    sabi ng pldt, as long as there is a signal on your smart celphone, gagana daw ang pldt weroam.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    aside from notebooks and other gadgts na mataas ang price.
    paano yung mga budget meal setup na gusto mag mobile ofc?
    is it possible to hook an old p3 motherboard and put it on a boxed enclosure[for suv]?
    the mini enclosure made of wood will house the cpu, kbrd mouse can be plugged and unplugged anytime can liliput lcd serve as a montior?
    is that possible?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Turning Vehicle into Mobile Office