New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I want to retain the HU and refrain from changing the wires or installing amplifiers, I only want to have the speakers changed. Any suggestions, such as brands, wattage, speaker size, etc. There are at present 6 speakers (2 tweeters, 2 front speakers and rear speakers - all located at the side doors.) These stock speakers are round shape and not the 6 x 9 shape. Can I use the 6 x 9 shape for my rear speakers?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I want to retain the HU and refrain from changing the wires or installing amplifiers, I only want to have the speakers changed. Any suggestions, such as brands, wattage, speaker size, etc. There are at present 6 speakers (2 tweeters, 2 front speakers and rear speakers - all located at the side doors.) These stock speakers are round shape and not the 6 x 9 shape. Can I use the 6 x 9 shape for my rear speakers?
    Ive done a set-up before by just changing the speakers and just used the stock HU only the tweeters made the difference but overall it sounded the same.. Specially your car has big space..I think it is best to amplify your new speakers if you are thinking to upgrade them.. With your rear speakers adaptors are used( and somtimes it needs customizing) if you want to change them to a different size.. But anways try your option first and if you are not happy you can still add an amps later.. With speaker brands I can recommend JBL, Hertz, Focal etc..but suggest listen to the speakers first before buying them because they are not the same..Well GOOD LUCK! Happy Hollidays!

Suggestions for Audio Set-Up for my Innova