New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    :question:

Hi! I'm planning on installing addt'l. speakers to increase the "bayo" of the sound system in my car. But my main problem is, I can't install a subwoofer box in my trunk as I need the trunk space for the stuff I regularly carry.

What other alternatives do I have? I'm more concerned to SQ so it does not have to be really big subs. If there are any available speakers small enough that could be installed on the board at the back of the car (instead of the back of the backseats), better for me. I already have V12 amps to power it, just in case.

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    since ayaw mo macompromise yung trunk space mo, mag 6x9s ka... pero ako naka 10" sub in a seales enclosure, maluwag pa trunk ko.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Apat na yung 6x9 speakers ko sa likod, e (2 pairs). Pero bitin pa rin ako sa bao. hehehe... :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganon ba? hehe sub na talaga sagot jan pre! sealed enclosure para di mashado matakaw sa trunk space. mine's a 10"er in a 0.92 cu.ft box kaya liit lang ang kain.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hehehe...

My biggest problem kasi is if I use a box, the stuff I used to put in the trunk would not fit anymore (e.g.: stroller of my baby).

Just curious.... do free-air subs really sound like crap like some people say they do? :confused:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    look at it this way... ang free air sub, yung buong trunk yung box nya, if not the whole car... kaya mejo bitin ka sa bass talaga lalo na kung windows down ka kasi di na sya enclosed.

pag enclosed, the sub has a box, kaya mas maganda ang resonance ng bass sa auto.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    it really depends on your taste. IMHO, kulang pa rin mapa SPL or SQ or SQ+. better pa rin enclosures, not unless your going for SQ, you won't need to go windows down.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    why dont you try powered subs... if you need space, just remove it... there are small powered subs from 6-8 inches (tubes)... there is also an infinity powered sub, small box lang... just remove when you need trunk space, plug in again after.

Circa year 94... there were small subs available under the seats... encyclopedia size boxes, that you install under the seats... though admittedly hard to find now

just my 2 cents

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had boxed and free-air subs in my previous car. The main difference is the bass is "sharper" with the box.

BTW, I used 2 x 300watt TARGA subwoofers.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    I forgot to mention... I had an old 89 corolla... with 8inch (not sure if its 6 or 8 inches) subs sa backboard ng kotse.... bali 4 speakers sa backboard, pair of 6x9 plus a pair of 8inch sub... no wastage sa trunk space!

pero ang set up with crossover plus amp.

naisip ko lang considering 4 speakers ka na sa likod... just replace the middle pair... plus crossover and amp

BTW - I did change my backboard... flat and thick back board lang siya... para ma mount ng mabuti ang speakers and better sound

again, just my 2 cents

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Subwoofer Options