New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I used two 12 inch pioneer free-air sub before powered by tekline amps mounted on a 1 inch thick na MDF. Lakas ng bayo. No problem with the trunk space pa.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by cta2
    I forgot to mention... I had an old 89 corolla... with 8inch (not sure if its 6 or 8 inches) subs sa backboard ng kotse.... bali 4 speakers sa backboard, pair of 6x9 plus a pair of 8inch sub... no wastage sa trunk space!
    hmmmm... I might consider this. Free-air sub din siya, right? It looks like mapapa-free-air sub ako, either installed on the board at the back, or at the back of the backseat. It may not carry the same punch as that of a boxed-sub, but it will do for me. Mukhang ok rin naman siya (not that bad), based on the comments of the other free-air users here.

Any specific brand/model of free-air subs available locally na recommended ok gamitin?

Thanks again.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I suggest go for auditions. Look for people in free air sub setup or "space saving" setup. :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Scott Buwalda and Jason Winslow won in the last IASCA finals and both used Free air subs.. as long as the subs are properly installed, free air subs can sound good

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Anyone here at free-air sub setup? pa audition!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    in my old set up, medyo 89 pa... I used earthquake subs na nasa backboard...

during that time, the MORE important issue was the amp, and the crossover... dami kasi noon nagdadaya using resistors lang for the crossover, tapos isang amp lang sa lahat!... lousy set up.

dapat single amp for the subs alone, another amp for your mids to get proper "bayo" (minimum of 2 amps)... and the proper tuning of the crossover

free air sub should be fine enough... and do change the backboard

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    I forgot to mention... personally I dont like subs behind the rear seats... parang muffled yung sound... and the fact na walang box yung sub mas hirap lalo... just my 2 cents

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by cta2
    I forgot to mention... personally I dont like subs behind the rear seats... parang muffled yung sound... and the fact na walang box yung sub mas hirap lalo... just my 2 cents
    well, usually if I want to make "bayo", i'll pull down the back seats so the subwoofers will not be muffled.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by notEworthy27
    I suggest go for auditions. Look for people in free air sub setup or "space saving" setup.
    What do you mean by auditions? I don't understand. :confused:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    audition means listen to existing car audio setups :D

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subwoofer Options