New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ask ko lang kung may required dimension ba ang subwoofer box kze i need box for my 1pc Esoteric 12" sub with 1000watts. Kailngan ba sukatin yung dimension para maachieve yung quality ng sounds?

tnx! :lol:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Audio gurus , tulong po dito . I'm pretty sure kung tama ang dimensions ng
    box for that certain sub then guaranteed you will get the max potential nito .

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try to check the website of your subs or the manual may nakalagay dun na minimum internal volume ng box yun yung gamitin mong basis in computing for your box size.

HTH

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this esoteric sub and me have a history in the other board :mrgreen:

anyway...this has a reputation to be "matigas" and people who used this sub either placed it in a BIG sealed box or ported box...would you believe that a friend of mine used to give it around 2.2cuft box PER sub just to soften it up

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i could give you some ideas on how to make a box that will make that sub sound good......:D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver
    this esoteric sub and me have a history in the other board :mrgreen:

anyway...this has a reputation to be "matigas" and people who used this sub either placed it in a BIG sealed box or ported box...would you believe that a friend of mine used to give it around 2.2cuft box PER sub just to soften it up
    herhehr...i remember that silver....

i agree with what silver said...at first...i really dont understand coz i've never heard one...

but when i saw and heard one...ganun pala talaga.

may katigasan and you really need a bigger box just to soften its bass.

and oo nga pala...

before i forget...

it is a general rule to follow the RECOMMENDED specs of the manufacturers...may it be...rf...kicker....jl...etc...

but imo, those are just guides for the box maker.dont be afraid to manipulate the values and experiment on whether bigger or smaller box volume will suit your eardrums..

hth.

goodluck and keep us posted.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ilan ba ang Fs niyang sub na yan?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i remember my friends complaining that the theile small parameters of the esoteric is not included when they bought the sub. not sure if the others have em

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As I know......you need to know the parameterrs of each and any sub that you plan to put up in a box.......like the "Fs, Qts, Vas......etc." importante kasi yan pagdating sa computation ng dimensions ng box.....:D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's true nielsen...the FS, Qts etc...are the thiele small parameters...that's why they ended up guessing...even sound prism did it that way when they installed this sub in one of their kick *$$ SPL car

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Sub box?