New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Is this possible? With just separates front speakers and coaxial rear powered by a 4 channel amp and good HU produce quality sounds? I love my cargo space and I just dont want a subwoofer occupying that space.

HU - Pioneer dvh p5650
    Front - Pioneer coaxial 6.5 160w TS-G1641R (to be transffered to rear )
    Rear - Stock
    Amp- None yet

Im thinking of buying 6.5" RA seps Q series but i dont know what amp to buy to power the RA seps and my old Pioneer coaxial. Can anyone suggest brand and model?

Or thinking of DLS seps. And I also dont know what model to buy and amp to power the seps.Thinking of V12 amp but dont know what model to buy and is it advisable to use v12 for DLS seps.

10-12K Budget included wires and labor and deadening.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I have these on mind too.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sir, imo, i think it would be hard to reach your goal of SQ without a sub. Or maybe, there will be a chance if ever you'll be using a good 3way on your front. Meaning, you have a tweeter, fullrange, midbass. with your midbass capable of reproducing low freq. But it depends on its crossover settings.

It would be much easier to have a 2way separates, and a sub. Don't mind the rear fill if your into SQ (unless its your preference to have a rear fill), sell the coax and buy a good amp or separates. I've heard good reviews with the ra seps, though haven't used or heard one yet. As to subs, there are shallow series subs or subs in general that requires minimal space.

jus for reference on car audio, you may try visit kotseaudioclub.com

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    so i guess i just have to buy a 3 way sep. any recommendations on a good 3 way sep ( Brand , Spec & Price )? Do i have to buy an amp for that? and if yes what amp should I buy sir? thanx

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yes you can achieve SQ without sub, you must have a good seps that can go low yun nga lang sacrifice your mids mo and it will be working hard to cover the job of the subs.

Mine when I tune my system I switch off my sub the if Im happy how it sound I will turn it on and adjust accordingly, parang background on lower frequency and complement as an extension on my midbass thump.

For daily listening use choose the seps that fits your type of music. sample (but not limited to these brands)... DLS is warm sounding tweets are not agressive laid back, if you want agressive and detailed try Focal.

Sa deadening Flash band is the cheapest you can do the front doors lang muna. Visit Araneta car accessories for budget meal setup, maraming satisfied customer. Jefftan can find a good combo on your budget HTH

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    imo, its ok to have no subs but its hard to complete the sound setup kung wala sub. my suggestion, get those slim type subs that would fit under the front seats.

maririnig mo difference kung meron at wala, parang makalansing talaga yung sound. pwede rin 3 way seps but nothing can replace the boom sound of a sub. kasi for me, its hard to attain SQ kung walang subs to support the beat (rap/hiphop) or bass guitar and drums (band/acoustic).

my 2 cents

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    what type of box should be used on a SQ set up?

peke kasi box ko ngayon.

and it is better to use 2 amps?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    walang peke na box, basta tama yung dimensions niya, ok lang. for SQ better pa din yung sealed type para hindi gagapang.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    walang peke na box. kahit gaano kalaki ang box basta sealed. SQ lang ang tunog na lalabas.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    OK. now I'm torn between buying a a good 3 way sep with amplifier no subwoofer and a 2 way sep with amplifier on a slim type subwoofer mounted under front sets. With a 15-20K budget kaya ba?

Option 1:
    3 way sep (any idea guys on what to get? )
    amplifier
    coax (stock)
    labor
    wiring

Option 2:
    GTO 6507C ( 4800 daw mahal ba? ) or do I just get the RA Q series
    amplifier v12 F805
    coax(stock)
    Slim Type 8" Pioneer mounted under the set
    labor
    wiring

thanks