New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hold it.......:D

sound levels depend on your crossover network.......be it passive or electronic......the frequency range.....gain....and everything......next factor to consider is your sub enclosure......be it for SPL or SQ.......usually....sealed boxes demand a high output amp para gumanda ang sound quality.....and also a good xover unit.....I for one......is not a "professional" sound engineer.....but based from research and application......through 6 years of my escapades in this "bass business".....I have encountered these things too......and I can tell that even if you put a "not so famous sub" in a computed enclosure......it will also deliver the same output but later on will deteriorate because of poor quality........some of my friends have low budget set-ups......some even used Dai-Ichi Zyklone 12" speakers......others in a sealed box.....others in a ported or bandpass box.....all calculated.....matched with a good amp and a good xover unit......sound quality is there......

for the SQ and SPL's.........normally........sealed boxes are often known as SPL producers......why? try this.......

1. you need 2 different sub boxes......1 sealed box......and 1 bandpass box......same speaker size and same amp and xover unit to drive them....be sure to place it

2. first try the sealed box......plug it in and observe how it sounds with all the doors and windows closed.......then open it......

3. then replace the sealed box with the bandpass box......repeat step 2....

4. notice the change in SPL in both speakers.......

It is always a rule in competitions that cars and SUV's are not in the same category when it comes to sound set-ups........pag nagkaroon ng competition na magkasama ang cars and SUV's sa iisang category.....MALAKING KALOKOHAN YAN!!!......also take note that all the record breaking set-ups all over the world use SUV's.....pag nakakita kayo ng "car" not "SUV" that can break the world SPL Level of 186.57 Decibels......ipapapugot ko ulo ko.......often times.....bandpass and ported enclosures are mistakenly interchanged......ano ba ang bandpass? ano ba ang ported? well........mag research na muna kayo at I'll post it here later.....trabaho muna.....:D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so sir yung 186.57 db , kailan lang yun at anong klaseng SUV ? yung custom
    enclosure , saan category nun ? sa sealed or bandpass ? nakatatlong system na
    rin ako on 2 different cars kaya lang di ko pa nakuha yung perfect sound sa aking
    standards , pero hinde ako nag box kahit kalin kaya lang gusto ko sa Montero box
    kasi magastos talaga . Yung box ba ay kailangan made for the specs sa subs ? Tanong
    ko kasi kung ano ideal na ilagay na pwede na sa isang full size SUV kung isang 12,13.5"
    or dalawang 10" . yung box wala ng problema kasi specially made din just for that
    certain sub and same company ang may gawa so i assume na they really are perfectly
    compatible.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok.....for the 186.57 Db......was set this summer sa U.S. using Chevrolet Astro Vans......the team name......"Divine Prophecy" .....the gear........Kicker L7's and Rockford Fosgate Amps........and using custom enclosure......(madalas na trabaho ng mga sound engineers)......

regarding your case....kung yung box mo is really designed for a certain sub then yun na ang gamitin mo.......depende talaga sa specs yun......yung box mo is made by what company? tapos yung subs mo? if they match......pwede......pag hindi.....try looking for a similar sub na pwedeng ikabit dun.....marami kasing factors to consider when it comes to boxes.....since computed lahat.....(dimensions, Fq's, displacement, volume etc. etc. ) talagang dapat nakamatch ang subs mo.......:D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung subs ,JL Audio W7 10 " at box JL din may gawa just for the W7 subs , lakas
    nga eh problem now kaka sa vibration kaya kailangan ko ng dynamat nito . pati yung
    spare tire cover ang ingay .

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    now that's another problem.....meron diyan sa states na noise deadener.....yung spray type.......di ko lang alam kung magkano......for the meantime......try putting extra clothing sa mga kumakalampag.....parang filling......works all the time......:D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hinde effective yung spray i think from RF yun not sure , dynamat ang aking bagsak
    no choice ksao mahal tapos ang laki pa sa aking i cover na area . sa spl an sq , no
    problem , amps ko pala isang JL din na 500/1 .

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FLASHBAND to the rescue!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi guys..

ah eh...medyo na o-ot na po....

make another thread about sound deadening...thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Speaker Enclosure Inquiry