New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    get 2 amplifiers, sound magus will do, 1 mono or 2 channel, and 1 4-channel.
    get 2 12 inch subs in a ported box.
    install it with a grade 4-8 wiring
    ipatono mu na lang ng mayos

if necessary, replace your front speakers, get a pair of seps with tweeters, focal will be excellent.

medyo SPL na siguro ng set up niya.

make sure na busog na busog sa wattage ang speakers and subs mo para busog din ang tenga

sorry, no first hand experience. eto kase ang plano ko for my budget set-up walang budget e

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    boss magkano kaya budget nung sugestion mo?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan0805 View Post
    boss magkano kaya budget nung sugestion mo?
    hehe medyo madugo paps, pero depende kung saan ka bibili at paano ka makikipag haggle sa price.

sound magus amps worth 5k each
    subs 3k-10k each
    focal seps 4.5k
    wiring kit 1.5k
    labor? not sure
    box 3k

madugo diba?

if your not brand conscious, sa raon, you can get a deal consist of a 12" sub, a 4 channel ampli and wring kit worth P6.5k

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    yung sound magus vs1500.1 mono block amp (the newer version of sound magus x1502 but all the same iba lang ang color) maganda na for your sub amplifier.. malakas na rin yun.. cost 9.5k jan sa manila..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Consulted a couple of friends, and after hearing their suggestions, i've refined my search a bit:

1. DLS RM6.2 (100w/160w) 12.7k
    2. Morel Tempo 6 inch 2 way (120w/280w) 8.8k
    3. Focal ACCESS 165A1 (60w/120w) 9.2k

1. DLS CA23 2ch Amplifier ( 135w x 2 * 4Ω) 14.8
    2. Sound Magus C160 (160w x 4) 9.5k
    3. JBL GTO1004 (100w x 4) 9.5k
    4. Rockford Fosgate Prime 300.4 (50w x 4) 9.5k
    5. KICKER ZX Series ZX350.2 (110w x 2) 14k

DLS UP6i is just way too expensive for me to be able to buy an amplifier that could drive it..

Your inputs would be really appreciated, guys..

Thanks again and God bless!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Taas naman ng RMS power ng Sound Magus C160 (160Wx4). Been hearing a lot of recommendations here and there. Might be worth it for a bang-per-buck amplifier. Anybody with feedback on SM amps?

Don't look for high RMS amps. Rather, look for good quality amps that you're sure won't give out in the middle of the year or something.

Davao is still pretty big. I'm pretty sure there should at least be Morels, DLS, and Focals selling there (I mean, Cebu has them, so I'll bet the house that Davao should also have). They're probably harder to find.. but it's the same situation here in Luzon with most (80% maybe) of the shops simply offer mainstream brands like Pioneers, Targas, etc. (yun tipong pang-masa).

More expensive? I don't think so. Might be a wise choice to first ask around since shipping costs are also expensive

I'll go for Focal Access' lineup and a JBL GTO1004. The Rockford Punch is still a decent alternative, but its price has been pushed down drastically (check US eBay and you can see it selling at $100 while the JBL at $200). Although in terms of audio, can't really comment. I still believe Rockfords make one of the best amplifiers for cars for their price range out there. But at this price point, I'm sold with JBL.

Yes, you can always go subwoofer-less for now. I would have done it if it means I can get a better seps and amps.

You shouldn't worry about amplifiers. If the subwoofer you're looking takes a chunk of power, you might want to consider buying a monoblock amp just to power it solely. Most of us (hehe) go for the route of 2 amps anyway... one for the seps and the other for the sub.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Ryan, always post a budget first so that members can help you with your budget in mind Mura is relative kasi. Mga iba dyan gumagastos ng 100k sa sounds nila so 30k is considered "mura" na sa kanila

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Thanks sir jhnkvn..

I already inquired about the prices and availability sa Davao through a friend.. Prices are higher, pero reasonable naman, although per order basis nga lang ang DLS and Focal.. I'll try to look for friends using DLS and Focal for comparison.. Most of them are using kicker kase eh..

I'll probably chose between DLS and Focal na talaga.. Will update na lang if my project pushes through.. I guess it's time to visit Davao..

Thanks ng marami and God bless!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Goodluck na lang sa project Set up mo.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tata_ismael View Post
    Thanks sir jhnkvn..

I already inquired about the prices and availability sa Davao through a friend.. Prices are higher, pero reasonable naman, although per order basis nga lang ang DLS and Focal.. I'll try to look for friends using DLS and Focal for comparison.. Most of them are using kicker kase eh..

I'll probably chose between DLS and Focal na talaga.. Will update na lang if my project pushes through.. I guess it's time to visit Davao..

Thanks ng marami and God bless!

sir your from davao ba?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Sound System Upgrade Suggestions for a Newbie..