New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Your welcome Jedi! Come back anytime if you need more info.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by toolightz View Post
    G 12's wires are usually use for subs G 16 for the seps!
    * V6: not directly from the amps then to the seps!!! try to pass the signals through the passives!!! and hear the diffrence!!!
    Im sorry but he was asking about the wire not exact installation of the Seps.

How to intall your separates speakers (matched component).
    A passive crossover hooks up in-line after your Amps, dividing the signal that travels through the speaker wire. Make sure to used spade connector(wire terminal) for firm attached. Passive crossovers are relatively inexpensive, compared to electronic crossovers and much easier to instal. They have no power, ground or turn-on leads.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    nice sir, very well said!!!
    just in the part of helping our peeps here
    two thumbs up for you!!!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Im sorry but he was asking about the wire not exact installation of the Seps.

How to intall your separates speakers (matched component).
    A passive crossover hooks up in-line after your Amps, dividing the signal that travels through the speaker wire. Make sure to used spade connector(wire terminal) for firm attached. Passive crossovers are relatively inexpensive, compared to electronic crossovers and much easier to instal. They have no power, ground or turn-on leads.

i have a crossovers that came with my kicker seps. i dont have any for the pioneer speakers in the back. what do they do? do they make it sound stronger and clearer compared to without them?? thanks

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    G 12's wires are usually use for subs G 16 for the seps!
    * V6: not directly from the amps then to the seps!!! try to pass the signals through the passives!!! and hear the diffrence!!!
    is there a big difference between 18 and 16 gauge wire? i already have a 100ft of 18 gauge philips wire.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi730 View Post
    i have a crossovers that came with my kicker seps. i dont have any for the pioneer speakers in the back. what do they do? do they make it sound stronger and clearer compared to without them?? thanks
    Not quite!

Your Seps(component system) give you more natural and defined sound in the treble and bass ranges than you can get from most full-range speakers. Components also direct the sounds path to your ears for more realistic stereo imaging. Remember a Seps(component sytem) often require more power than full-range speakers. To maximize your seps potential, power them with amp.

On your mid-range speakers (pioneer) will capture more musical nuances and sparkle, creating a realistic soundstage. It will balance on the high frequencies in crisp detail w/ your seps, brightening up your music so it sounds natural and lively.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Not quite!

Your Seps(component system) give you more natural and defined sound in the treble and bass ranges than you can get from most full-range speakers. Components also direct the sounds path to your ears for more realistic stereo imaging. Remember a Seps(component sytem) often require more power than full-range speakers. To maximize your seps potential, power them with amp.

On your mid-range speakers (pioneer) will capture more musical nuances and sparkle, creating a realistic soundstage. It will balance on the high frequencies in crisp detail w/ your seps, brightening up your music so it sounds natural and lively.
    thanks paps. im running a 600 watt amp for my speakers and 1000 watt for my subs. where can i buy passive crossovers? or would a 3-way electronic crossover be better? i want to get on because of the bass controller. also i found 16 gauge wire that i can use. i want to get the most highs out of my seps and speaks. should i go 16 or look for 14gauge?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ilang ways yung mga amps mo? does your seps dont have it? try mo muna yung kasama ng seps mo then kung di ka satisfied saka ka nlng kumuha ng 3way passives and diba 2 way lang yung seps mo?
    if you have a 4ch amp and a mono amp go for full active!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ilang ways yung mga amps mo? does your seps dont have it? try mo muna yung kasama ng seps mo then kung di ka satisfied saka ka nlng kumuha ng 3way passives and diba 2 way lang yung seps mo?
    if you have a 4ch amp and a mono amp go for full active!
    i think my seps are just 2-way. kicker es6.2. so what will the 3-way passives do for 2-way? should i get the 3-way passives if i get the 3-way electronic crossover?? i have a 4ch for my speakers and a 2ch for my 2 subs. thanks.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi730 View Post
    thanks paps. im running a 600 watt amp for my speakers and 1000 watt for my subs. where can i buy passive crossovers? or would a 3-way electronic crossover be better? i want to get on because of the bass controller. also i found 16 gauge wire that i can use. i want to get the most highs out of my seps and speaks. should i go 16 or look for 14gauge?

Hold on there pardner! What do you mean you dont have a passive crossovers. Seps comes in a set, a passive crossovers, woofers and tweeters. Electronics crossovers are diff. type of crossovers its get his signal from your receiver through RCA patch cords and passes that signal through RCA patch cords to your amplifier. Youll need two amp channels for each frequency band. On the other hand, a passive crossovers divides the signal from your amp to your speakers.

See the diff.
    Electronics crossovers are BEFORE the signal is amplified.
    Passive crossovers are AFTER the signal is amplified.

If your 4 channel amp has a built-in PREAMP OUTPUT you dont need an Electronics crossovers. You'll need one more amp a MONO for your sub and plug with RCA patch cord into your 4 channel amp an your on the rock. PREAMP OUTPUTS is you can build a MULTI-AMP SYSTEM (MAS) w/o and outboard crossovers.

What if your amp doesnt have preamp output? No problem!

If your H.U have at least 2 preamp output then use the rear signal for your 4 channel amp. and use the the 3-channel mode to power a single subwoofer and the rear fair of speakers. For your front speakers, use the front signal for another 2 channel amp.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
re-wiring front and rear speakers