New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hey guys. im planning to rewire my system. i have kicker es separates in the front and pioneer coaxials in the back. do i just connect the speaker wire from speaker directly to amp? also what speaker wire gauge should i use? i have a roll of 100ft 18 gauge phillips magnavox speaker wire. is that good enuf or shoud i get something thicker? thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    your 18 gauge is same as your OEM wire speakers if you plan to re-wire it get a thicker one. Your best shot is 14 gauge for your future expansion of your system.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    your 18 gauge is same as your OEM wire speakers if you plan to re-wire it get a thicker one. Your best shot is 14 gauge for your future expansion of your system.
    ok thanks. do i just connect speakers straight to amp??

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Yes. Connect into wire speakers terminal in your amp. Pay attention correctly, be sure that you are in phase that the positive and negative leads are hooked up the same way.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yes. Connect into wire speakers terminal in your amp. Pay attention correctly, be sure that you are in phase that the positive and negative leads are hooked up the same way.
    great thanks. also would there be a big difference in sound between 18 gauge and 14 gauge?

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    None. Im only figuring your state average output of how much your maximum current of your speaker is going to require if you upgrade your system if you juice up your volume. Rule of tumb..if you need to pushed the limit you need more current an 18 gauge cannot perform all the juice you need, so I said 14 gauge if your looking this in the near future.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    None. Im only figuring your state average output of how much your maximum current of your speaker is going to require if you upgrade your system if you juice up your volume. Rule of tumb..if you need to pushed the limit you need more current an 18 gauge cannot perform all the juice you need, so I said 14 gauge if your looking this in the near future.
    for my setup now would the 18 gauge be ok if i push it? i already have the 18 gauge and dont have to buy 14 gauge. if i was to buy new wire would 12 guage wire make a difference compare to the 18 gauge?

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Stay's on 18 if your not in competition ,youll be alright. Pm me for more info.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Stay's on 18 if your not in competition ,youll be alright. Pm me for more info.
    ok thanks for all the help paps.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi730 View Post
    for my setup now would the 18 gauge be ok if i push it? i already have the 18 gauge and dont have to buy 14 gauge. if i was to buy new wire would 12 guage wire make a difference compare to the 18 gauge?
    G 12's wires are usually use for subs G 16 for the seps!
    * V6: not directly from the amps then to the seps!!! try to pass the signals through the passives!!! and hear the diffrence!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
re-wiring front and rear speakers