New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How do I improve the radio reception of my car stereo?

Do I install an aftermarket antenna?

Are there aftermarket thingy I have to buy and attach to my stereo?

Nangyayari kasi kapag nag scan ako ng radio stations, marami sya ini-skip na station. Like for example kung minsan ma-detect nya 92.3 FM minsan hindi. Kung minsan naman okay lahat. Tsaka yung AM stations, kaunti lang nakukuha ko. Dito yan ah sa Metro Manila hmm....

Saan kaya problema nito?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Pls check first the car antena and plug-in cable. Baka corroded or me crack na kung luma na OEM car stereo. I have a similar problem with my xwind antena before meron crack sa base kaya mahina signal.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Meron bang setting na LO/Local o DX/Distant sa stereo? Baka naka-set sa LO (weaker reception, less interference).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Straight6, it doesn't have that feature.

XUV-AT, I will check on that. But my stereo is still a bit new, around almost 2 years old pa lang yata but will still check on it.

thanks, keep the suggestions coming.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Check the connections to antenna. Yung sa akin pag FM, I don't raise the antenna anymore.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    How do I improve the radio reception of my car stereo?

Do I install an aftermarket antenna?
    No. Just move the car.

Kidding aside, it might help that you check the connections. As for aftermarket antennae, they're really more flashy than functional.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Paki-describe na lang yung OEM antenna. Is it telescopic or is it a s/s whip or rod made from fiberglass? Is it vertical or can it be adjusted to tilt? O baka windshield mounted made from copper flashing? Daming tanong

With more info, I hope we can give you the right answer/s on how to check the antenna system. Of course, there is that possibility that there's something wrong with the receiver's RF preamp.

Radio Reception