New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    mga paps.. nalilito ako eh.. ano ba ang diff ng 2 way sa 3 way na speakers..

ano ba ok for seps and mid range?

kasi may nabasa din ako na 3 way set up parang may seps na 6 inch then isang 4 inch with tweeter...

need your answers.. im planning to add a simple audio set up... pero lookign at sq.. thanks sa mga sagot boss!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ano ba ang diff ng 2 way sa 3 way na speakers..
    There are 2 general type of speakers, components also called seps or seperates and coaxial speakers.

Components consist of 2 or more speakers seperated from each other. This is a set that comes with a tweeter and a midrange or midbass speaker and a crosover. Coaxial speakers, the tweeter is mounted on top of the midrange or midbass. This is the most common form of speakers.

2 way speakers consist of a tweeter and a woofer. 3 way can be a tweeter, a midrange and a woofer. Some 6x9 3 ways are tweeter, super tweeter and a woofer. Generally, 2 way component system is good enough.

ano ba ok for seps and mid range?
    There are lots of good brands it all depends on your listening preference and budget. Best advice listen to other systems 1st before buying. This is called "audition".

For budget meal, popular brands are Targa, Aura, JBL entry level, Ryan Audio, Infinity etc. Prices can start as low as 1,000 to around 5,000. Almost all speaker makers have entry level speakers. I personally use Ryan Audio Q series and I'm happy with it.

Bigger budgets will open up a whole new level of listening experience.

kasi may nabasa din ako na 3 way set up parang may seps na 6 inch then isang 4 inch with tweeter
    This is called a 3 way component. More flexible but harder to install as you will have to find space for 3 drivers instead of 2. Generally more expensive than 2 way components. With a good installer and system, this can sound teriffic.

need your answers.. im planning to add a simple audio set up... pero lookign at sq.. thanks sa mga sagot boss!
    Audition! Canvass! Whats your budget? Good installers are expensive, but worth it. For me, car audio is 50% install and 50% equipment. A good installer can work wonders. They can make even a all Targa system win in competions. While a guy without experence can ruin the sound of a very expensive setup.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    well for the seps and cheap amp mga 8k siguro. for the mids dont know pa... pero i can do it slowly but surley naman if budgeted..

i hear a lot of good things about RA seps. i saw one in mickeys sale ang DLS calssic for 3,400. do you think i should get this na?

as for the amps sobrang sama ba tlga ng v12s. ive used it before pero ok naman for me then when i read some forums and threads panget daw tlga.... im planning to use v12 for my seps sana and mids.....

thanks for replying bro! :D

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir IMO start looking for a good equipment (HU and amplifiers) do your speakers last on your list..paying attention to details will always put a big smile on your face..no matter how expensive your speakers are if your source units were crap they always sound cheap...If you already experienced these generic amps you need to go out and compare your system..no offense sir sa aking pandinig masakit siya sa tinga..kahit anong gawin mo sa x-over parang walang pinagka-iba..(well its what I paid for).

I would suggest as well 2 way components would be enough atleast simple and easy to work out..and they always sound good when it is properly installed..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    thank you sir... oo nga naman.. before kasi i always use v12 for my seps pero never tried branded ones... try ko nga yan sir.. ok din daw alpine compare to pioneer tlga.. i might get this HU first then i'll sell my pio na... as for the amp what is a good wattage amp to drive my seps?? as for the sub khet 500 watts ba ok na for 1200 peak sub? i saw a jbl amp mga 5k ata second hand.. is this good??

another question, ano mas maganda bumayo, mga rockford na 300watts or jbl na 1200 watts peak???

thanks sa mga nag reply..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Ive been a PIONEER person for a quite a while..but I will not recommend it..LOL.... I would recommend ALPINE, Clarion, and Im using PANASONIC now..Ive used these brands and they sound really better than the PIONEER (no offense sa mga gumagamit ng PIONEER akin lang to). With your separates I will always use a Higher RMS amps. (higher than speakers ratings) the higher- the cleaner signal will go to your speakers..dahil low rating amps masmadaling magpeak ang system mo..at hindi mo malalaman na overdriven mo na pala ang ampli..dito nasusunog ang mga speakers dahil bad signal na ang binibigay..IMO higher rating would be good.

Regarding about your sub..it is how you do design your enclosure kung maganda ba bumayo..no matter how cheap is the sub put them in a properly design enclosure will always sound clean.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    ^^^

SPAMMER Alert!

question sa speakers and set up..