New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    ^no offense, but those fm modulators are pure carp for audiophiles (or people who like to think they are :lol: ). i have had both the Griffin and Monster Audio versions, and they are both a waste of money if you're looking for good sound quality...
    imo acceptable naman. better than fm radio stations quality. all my friends with rides have those cdrking fm modulators. ako lang wala. wala kasi akong sariling ride.

just make sure to set the volume low on the modulator to avoid overdrive.
    Last edited by rion; September 2nd, 2007 at 05:26 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: pwede ba for Ipod iyang modulator na iyan? Thank you.

BTTT: pwede dalawa HU. Yung dad ko dati, stock HU sa dash ng VW bug niya. Pero sa ilalim ng dash may nakatago na 8-track player. :D Hindi naman interfaced yung dalawa. Independent systems sila kaya hindi pwedeng paandarin ng sabay.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Opo sir Otep. though you can't control the song tracks through your Ipod. all controls are through the modulator or it's remote na.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I actually thought of putting "Equalizer" Which is only Around P2000 Below.

But with that I have to have an MP3 Palyer which will add another cost, Plus With that I have to recharge the MP3, Hook to it computers to put songs, Bring it along, Connect it to some wires, Hide it when not in use. Plug it to the Cig. Lighter socket in which I have to remove and hide the Phone Charger.

Its just too damn complicated!
    Hehehehe
    (My Wifes car got this setup)

Now if I have another HU capable of Reading MP3 or has simple USB port.
    All I need is to do burn some Audio CD in Mp3 format (Thats around 150 songs!) or just bring a small Flashdisk with humongous gigabyte.
    and just plug and play.
    Plus a china brand HU is around P3500 I believe.

Nice Suggestions by the way

M54powered
    A friend actually recommend that, putting another speakers for the new HU.
    And right now i believe is my best option. (On this part i guess stupid is good hehehehe)

And with this set up theres no more fighting on what to listen to
    hehehe

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    with regards to modulator... it doesn't require charged mp3 player. it only needs a flashdisk/Ipod with mp3 files inside... it's wireless. just tune in to a preset fm frequency.
    Last edited by rion; September 3rd, 2007 at 07:22 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    with regards to modulator... it doesn't require charged mp3 player. it only needs a flashdisk/Ipod with mp3 files inside... it's wireless. just tune in to a preset fm frequency.
    I'd just like to clarify po.

So I can just stick in my USB flashdisk full of songs into that modulator and it will play through an FM station.

So it means, I will be using the modulator to select tracks, etc.?

What if I use an iPod? I will also control it through the modulator?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    So I can just stick in my USB flashdisk full of songs into that modulator and it will play through an FM station.
    Opo, you can set a particular FM frequency to tune in...
    So it means, I will be using the modulator to select tracks, etc.?
    yes, all controls will be through the modulator or the remote. just make sure you buy those with remote version and resumable song track feature. (last time checked, cdrking costs 880 pesos)

yung mas mura kasi after shutting the car off. pag restart uli. balik song track 1.

What if I use an iPod? I will also control it through the modulator?
    yep, the Ipod will just function like a common flashdisk. so no need to charge the Ipod.
    it also has a built-in audio input. so you can also use a phone with mp3. or a no-usb-plug mp3 player. or if you prefer the Ipod controls, using it's headphone out to modulator's audio-in.

just remember never set modulator volume loud. to avoid overdrive or distortion. use the HU's volume control instead. it is also advised not to set the mp3 files in deep sub-folders. matagalan mag-scan yung modulator.
    Last edited by rion; September 4th, 2007 at 11:59 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post

Now I get it! This actually a much simple solution. and more practical.

So its an MP3 Reader (by flash disk) to be plug at the Cigarette Lighter and the audio comes out of the HU by FM Broadcasting.

And The great thing is that. No batteries needed!

All i need is a Flash disk (Which I have already)

This is great! ill check it out at CDR king Later

Tnx man

No need for ipod (Which I think is an over rated product hehehe)
    Last edited by MAXBUWAYA; September 5th, 2007 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Ideas burning in my skull

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wait

does it have shuffle?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Fafa Max, I think yung mga "higher end" models/brands has that shuffle function. However, be prepared for some interference when you pass by areas like Ortigas or some areas in Makati where there are either radio stations or strong anteannaes that emit/receive strong signals. The distortion is bearable but can be annoying, especially when you're listening to a nice song then suddenly some weird station comes out broadcasting.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Is it possible to have two Car Stereo?