New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is it?

Mine has integrated HU, Problem is I dont want to take it off and leave a gap in the dash. So am thinking of buying a not so expensive HU capable of reading MP3. Ill just put it under the dash and just use remote to navigate around the stereo.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yes pero you should install some kind of switch to disable the other 1st HU if you're using the 2nd HU..para di magkaproblema sa stock speaker input

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can probably either interface both with the same amplifier and have that drive the speakers, or set your stock HU as an "Aux" input on the secondary HU.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Q: if I dont want to mess with the electrical of my new ride because of posible warranty claims in the future, can i install a 2nd battery and create a secondary layer of wires to power up a nice speaker set?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i think its possible but you won't really need a 2nd battery..just use the same battery..papangit lang interior if nakalabas mga wires and whatnots

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's possible, but if you don't want to mess with the electrical system you can't switch the signal between HU's. so you would have to have different speakers for each HU, which is stupid.

if those are your constraints it might be better to buy an iPod, an MP3 boombox, and play it from the passenger seat.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It might be easier to have the original HU hacked for an AUX input.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    maxbuwaya, pwedeng pwede bastat may space pa sa dash mo.
    Attachment 9326
    here a pic of what i did, kung may aux in yung new radio mo, pwede parin gumana old radio mo. ganyan ginawa ko.
    with regards sa warranty, a week after i had my car pinakabitan ko agad radio. I think void agad electricals mo kapag naginstall ka ng new radio, even if panibagong llinya, pag nasa casa kana hahanap at hahanap sila ng reason to void your warranty. nagcomplain ako sa casa about airbag problem they told me void na because of setup ko, medyo nadaan sa pakiusap kasi wala naman kinalaman airbag sa radio. but kung may kinalaman siguro sa dash electricals ko i think di na nila honor.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    if your problem is just you want to play mp3... why not buy kingston's Fm modulator? they have resumable song with remote * 880pesos.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^no offense, but those fm modulators are pure carp for audiophiles (or people who like to think they are :lol: ). i have had both the Griffin and Monster Audio versions, and they are both a waste of money if you're looking for good sound quality...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Is it possible to have two Car Stereo?