New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    sorry kung may nag post na ng ganitong question hindi ko kasi maintindihan ung mga naka post dito e. here my question

balak ko kasing i set-up ung sounds ng auto ko but wala ako ganong alam sa mga speaker or subs gusto ko sana you chill lang yung tunugan ng auto ko. gusto may bass lang para bumabayo at lumalabas ung tunog pag rnb ang pinapatugtug ko minsan rakrakan din pinapatugtug ko ano ba ang magandang setup para sa ganong klasing tugtugan ung swak sa budget. pa help naman po

pahabol po. Gsr pizza pie po ang auto ko

ok na po ang 30 k budget dyan kung kaya nyo, or kung budgeted lang, 15k po ok na yan, without head unit, these include, a seps, sub, 4 channel amp, subwoofer box, and wirings. look at the deal of sir jedi.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    tama si tsikotshop. advise ko punta ka minsan sa kanya (near tesda, taguig) para makapili ng swak sa budget mo tapos deretso pa-install mo na. ayus yan si tsikotshop!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    You're looking for a SPL setup rather than a SQ setup.

If you're new, I suggest doing it slow. Allocate around 20-30k muna and then upgrade if you feel you "want more". I would suggest JBL, Kicker, or RE brands at that price range.

Read around the forums and get the overall idea on how the setup is.

First upgrade should always be the HU. Follow this with a good pair of separates. Don't go coaxial, any setup benefits from a perceived wider sound stage brought about by the separation of the treble from the midbass. Next, get an amplifier. I would suggest Powerbass. Clean sounds but it can really thump, Rockford Fosgates is a notch better but the premium demanded would make you fork out more cash. As for the subwoofer, pay attention to the box enclosure. Even a 8 incher would suffice for the daily bass needs (as long as hindi ka yun windows-down-bass-thumping) but I'll suggest getting 12 inchers for the sweet spot.

Remember, a good subwoofer beats out 2 or more inferior subwoofers good luck. Also, the most important part of your setup is not the separate nor the subwoofer.. it's the amplifier. So make sure you get a good one.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    ok na po na setup ko around 20k na gastos ko lahat lhat ask ko lang po kung saan meron at kung anong name ung pang tapal sa compartment para hindi tumunog?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Door deadeners? Madami dami dyan. Like Dynamats, Stinger Roadkills, etc. good investment sila pag30k+ na sound system mo. Mahal din kasi sila so paglow-end setup, it's better to use the cash for a better set of speakers.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    ok na po almost complete na. rear and front speaker na lang kulang. hingi lang po asa na ako ng suggestions sa mga pro.

ung jbl sub ko ganito po ung amplifier

my friend says na bili ako ng bagong amp para sa font and rear speaker ko ask ko lang po kung ano ang maganda amplifier na pwede ko ilagay sa speaker ko at anong speaker po ang magandang gamitin. ayoko kasi lakihan ung butas ng speaker kaya same size lang ang bibilin ko.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hmm, I'm a bit against using V12s as a "decent" amplifier. Even a simple investment of a Powerbass ASA600.4 can power both the seps and the subwoofer (and with cleaner power too)

Yardstick is to look at the speaker's RMS ratings and match these with the amplifier. Recommended amplifiers that are affordable but has lots of power includes the Powerbass ASA or the RE XT (has even more power)

Other amplifier options are more expensive na kasi. Especially those Rockford Fosgates or Focal Solid Amps (nothing special IMO). These offer lower power ratings (ex. Focal Solid 2 with 2x75W * 4ohms) but their appeal is that their sound is "clean" rather than "powerful"

I have always been a fan of bridging two A/B amps. But you might want to get tsikotshop's input on this one. There's also more "budget" amps in the market (especially V12s) but I'd recommend the Powerbass for you. Sound Magus has so-so reviews while the PB has great ones.

If you really want something for the speakers, also try the Dominations Atoms.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; March 22nd, 2011 at 01:05 AM.

Ganito po kase ang mangyayari pag nag bridge ka sa 4 channel amp(as my experience), by bridging or When doing a 4 into a 2, This can put too much strain on your alternator or speaker. it can lower the impedance of the load, so the distortion is present there, the THD will be possible higher so, the signal will, yes its much louder but not audible, , but its up to sound man, but for me, i want to used those good speaker for the long period of time, not much louder than the bridge mode but i just want to take care of its vocals if your purpose is just to full power the speaker, just used the right amp, there so many amps there built for that speakers, di po kayang gamutin ng kalamansi or ng salabat ang sirang voice coil, repair pwede but you can't put back the original specs of it
    Bridging is applicable in a large voice coil like subwoofer because it needs sure and strong power.
    Last edited by tsikotshop; March 23rd, 2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: ps

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post

If you really want something for the speakers, also try the Dominations Atoms.
    I'm currently using one. and with a proper tuning and installation ayos na ayos na yan bro.

need help for sound set up