New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    any feedback? may dad is searching for 2Din HU for our innova. preferrably with GPS sana. Im thinking about Pioneer but unfortunately sabi ng mga shop na napagtanungan ko wala pa daw Pioneer na may GPS.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chano0416 View Post
    any feedback? may dad is searching for 2Din HU for our innova. preferrably with GPS sana. Im thinking about Pioneer but unfortunately sabi ng mga shop na napagtanungan ko wala pa daw Pioneer na may GPS.
    The Kenwood unit doesn't have GPS neither. If you plan on going the GPS route, you'll probably need to go for those OEM-replacement head units from FlyAudio and AVT. Madami dami din sila dyan

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    The Kenwood unit doesn't have GPS neither. If you plan on going the GPS route, you'll probably need to go for those OEM-replacement head units from FlyAudio and AVT. Madami dami din sila dyan

wala ba talaga sir or hindi siya compatible. yun kasi sabi sa akin. with gps na yung kenwood ddx 4031bt. offer is 24k in banawe.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yes, the DDX4031BT supports an external GPS module. It's the Kenwood KNA-G630.

I have the older DDX8034BT with a KNA-G431 nav module.

The good thing about Kenwood nav units is that, they use Garmin as their OEM for these modules. Can't ever go wrong with Garmin. Updated maps are also freely available from Roadguide.ph (catch is, you need to be a contributing member first).

I'd personally stay away from those 'OEM-looking' China units. Maybe I'm just picky but suffice to say that those things only looks good in pictures. They sound horrible. In fact, they remind me of early AM/FM transistor radios of the 70's-80's.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

The good thing about Kenwood nav units is that, they use Garmin as their OEM for these modules. Can't ever go wrong with Garmin. Updated maps are also freely available from Roadguide.ph (catch is, you need to be a contributing member first).

I'd personally stay away from those 'OEM-looking' China units. Maybe I'm just picky but suffice to say that those things only looks good in pictures. They sound horrible. In fact, they remind me of early AM/FM transistor radios of the 70's-80's.
    Hmm.. interesting add-on. The question now is more on the pricing of the add-ons.

*TS
    What I'm thinking of is why not go for your everyday 2DINN HU and simply get an external dedicated Garmin GPS?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ Because, really, an integrated 2DIN+Nav is so much cooler. :D

The TS mentioned that everything (including the nav module) costs P24k. That's not bad. I paid more than twice that 4 years ago.

And it's a Kenwood, no less.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Hmm.. interesting add-on. The question now is more on the pricing of the add-ons.

*TS
    What I'm thinking of is why not go for your everyday 2DINN HU and simply get an external dedicated Garmin GPS?
    i already bought garmin. now my dad is now requesting me on back up camera, so i decided to change my HU. Medyo tumatanda na eh.hehe.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

thank you sir for enlighten me. this is my last option since wala pa daw pioneer with gps.. Maybe after a few months palit nalang ng speaker for better sound quality

ps