New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hi,

Is it possible to install the 2 din touchscreen headunit of VX model to E model? San shop po ba ang gumagawa nito? Thanks po!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi City owners, just like to ask if there's a provision on the head unit of new Honda City VX where we can connect a power amp or powered subwoofer? The stock head unit sound respectable but lacks quality bass than only a powered subwoofer can provide. Thanks for any info.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    This might prove to be a dumb question but im having a hard time finding a solid answer on this one. When tuning an amplifier for subwoofers, should you set the bass knob that the amp comes with to half way or all the way up? Some say to set it half way when tuning knobs on the amp but im concerned that if i do this, then later decide to turn it past half way up, i will get clipping/distortion and blow the sub, considering it isnt a volume knob but more like an external gain knob.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by viprit View Post
    This might prove to be a dumb question but im having a hard time finding a solid answer on this one. When tuning an amplifier for subwoofers, should you set the bass knob that the amp comes with to half way or all the way up? Some say to set it half way when tuning knobs on the amp but im concerned that if i do this, then later decide to turn it past half way up, i will get clipping/distortion and blow the sub, considering it isnt a volume knob but more like an external gain knob.
    Are you referring to a remote bass controller? If so then you should set it to the middle during your first settings. This way you can either boost or cut the bass on a individual song when using it. As long as the amp's gain is set to a safe level then you shouldn't worry too much when adjusting your remote bass controller. Just have due diligence, if you hear distortion then lower it down so nothing gets destroyed.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Hello BHP-ians - a Very Happy Diwali to everyone.
    I'm considering buying a Honda City (mid-range) and want to replace the default audio system with full touch-screen AVN (GPS, BlueTooth, Music, Radio, CD, USB, ..).
    Each Honda Dealer (I talked to Magnum and Dakshin) have their own brand costing approx Rs.50,000 / -.

They are refusing to provide any discount for returning the audio system that comes with the car.

Should I go with the dealer and get their AVN installed or get my own?

If the recommendation is to get my own - what's a good place to buy it (store/online) and get it fitted?

Thanks for the advice.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by arsoi View Post
    Hello BHP-ians - a Very Happy Diwali to everyone.
    I'm considering buying a Honda City (mid-range) and want to replace the default audio system with full touch-screen AVN (GPS, BlueTooth, Music, Radio, CD, USB, ..).
    Each Honda Dealer (I talked to Magnum and Dakshin) have their own brand costing approx Rs.50,000 / -.

They are refusing to provide any discount for returning the audio system that comes with the car.

Should I go with the dealer and get their AVN installed or get my own?

If the recommendation is to get my own - what's a good place to buy it (store/online) and get it fitted?

Thanks for the advice.
    see: snaptube telegram web