New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMm29, silentmax,

i also have the MB DSC-216 installed in my revo, i don't have any hissing problem. try to sample din other cds coz i've tried some cds na talagang malakas ang hiss from the recording. If at least one of your cds does not have any hiss when you play it then hindi galing ito sa seps mo.

I agree with Glenn, Having passive x-overs may not be the solution to your problem. Only Frequency response that are lower than what the tweeters can handle will be filtered by the passive crossovers maiiwan pa din yung hiss sound.

With regards to the "Tunog Lata" baka it's because your seps are not amplified yet.

HTH:mrgreen:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    leon275,
    oh ok. so by amplifying the DSC216s, nabubuo yung tunog? how much power per channel did you need?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMm29,

Per specs ng 216 50-120 watts siya so RMS would be around 60w. I'm using 2 channels of my Alpine V12 MRV-f705 giving out 60-70w rms per channel to power my seps. mabubuo ang tunog nito but don't expect deep bass sound from it but definitely yung midbass response nya would be better coz you'll be giving it more juice compared to the one produced by your HU.

Refer to the response of zhero with regards to your HU. If it's set at high pass mabibitin ka nga sa Midbass kse the low freqs are filtered by your HU.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that may be the case......try amplifying the seps......then if you can.....try to salvage any passive xover and plug it in......just experiment on it until the hissing sound dissapears...:D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    leon275,
    i've tested them without the HPF. the thing with the HPF on, at least hindi sabog kahit ala masyadong bass. when i turned the HPF off, me bass pero medyo sabog. the levels of the Eq and the bass were quite low.

anyway, maybe the addition of an amp can improve the sound quality. thanks!

btw, can i audition your MBQs, if ever?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Uy, sama ako dyan Leon!! If you would set something before the 9th, let me know.

Thanks!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

:arrow: 09178911141

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    planning to change seps in the front. should i just change it or get passive cross overs to clean up the sound?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try mo munang humiram ng passive xover then test mo kung mawawala yung hissing sound.........if worse comes to worse.......better get another one para walang sakit sa ulo......:D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMm29,

I agree, I myself e naka HPF for my seps protection na rin at high listening levels.

No problem sa audition, ortigas area ako text me 0917-7886468 kung kelan

Zhero,

OO ba text kita if ever.:mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Leon,
    :arrow: 09178166447

alabang area naman ako. sige, text-text na lang pre.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
hiss on MB quartz seps?? bakit ganun????