New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    patulong po. I'd like to use our spare relays para zero cost.

I have a PIAA relay with external remote low/high switch.

I want to use it and intigrate it to our ride's main headlight switch and eliminating the remote switch. but the problem is, our ride's headlight uses negative switching system. while this PIAA relay use positive switching system. This relay cannot be altered since it is closed.

I hear you can use a relay to use the negative switching to send a positive line. is this possible? can someone tell me how?

and also if it is possible to use it with a car alarm relay? marami pa kasi akong spares eh. I really want to make use of the spares we have para walang piso magagamit po.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    eto po

but this diagram can turn on your low beam when your high beam is on too. if you like the regular set-up just remove the gray relay in the diagram.

onga pala this diagram was for my lancer pizza. retrace mo na lang yung sa orig headlite socket mo. baka iba yung pwesto ng high, low and positve line. but the rest is the same

yung alarm relay na may 87a di pwede kasi on ang 87a pag off ang trigger. so laging on ang foglamps pag off ang main headlites mo. use the regular bosch with 2 87 terminals.
    Last edited by impulzz; October 14th, 2007 at 11:00 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ganito po ba?

dalawang relay?

lo

hi

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    the headlite socket will only act as a trigger not a supply. so connect you 30 terminal direct to the battery positve pero lagyan mo ng fuse near the battery para pag may short fuse ang mag break. tama one relay sa low, one sa high. the rest of the connection is correct. onga pala para magand aang suppply ground your foglams properly para maganda buga.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    puwede rin po ba na sa headlight nalang po ako kumuha ng supply? since I only need a very small current from it.

yes, I will find a very good ground source.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    puwede rin po ba na sa headlight nalang po ako kumuha ng supply? since I only need a very small current from it.

yes, I will find a very good ground source.
    if thats the case you'll be adding load to the original wiring of the headlite. lalabas naka direct tap yung load(87) pad nag trigger ang 30 sa diagram mo. bale wala na yung relay.
    Last edited by impulzz; October 15th, 2007 at 02:24 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    opo, I don't intend to make use of the stock headlight relay. kasi yung e-install kong PIAA relay ay para sa headlight mismo. I just need to integrate the PIAA relay with the headlight switch.

I have fog lamps but they have different switch. and I don't intend to integrate them with my main headlight switch.

so puwede po diba?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    it is working na po. maraming salamat impulzz.

peru I have a new problem, the low negative swithing will still run on high-beam. meaning if I put it to high beam. the low beam will remain running.

but when I put back the stock setup. it was working normal. low beam on low beam only. high beam on high beam only.

what kind of system is this?

btw, the high-beam indicator will not lit up without a bulb plugged in in the stock setup.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    update:

I found a solution, I'm tapping the low beam connection with a peanut bulb to trick the system to think that a H4 bulb is installed. and it worked. not a best solution though.

help... Relay Connection from negative to positive