New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    HI. I have 2002 model Cerwin Vega Hed subwoofer and Im going to install it in my 2005 Honda Civic what box size can you guys recommend in sealed box wherein its manual states 1.4 cubic feet? do I have to follow the specs in order to boost the power and what amp to use? HELP........

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CarZar View Post
    HI. I have 2002 model Cerwin Vega Hed subwoofer and Im going to install it in my 2005 Honda Civic what box size can you guys recommend in sealed box wherein its manual states 1.4 cubic feet? do I have to follow the specs in order to boost the power and what amp to use? HELP........
    Yes, the recommended internal volume by the manufacturer is the optimum design to achieve good bass response.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    if I use a ported box would it be much stronger, and can you give me an advise on its boxs size, from width to length. thanks.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CarZar View Post
    if I use a ported box would it be much stronger, and can you give me an advise on its boxs size, from width to length. thanks.
    Yes it's possible. But to achieve the correct frequency response and port dimension, frequency generator is required.
    From the speaker parameters, box dimensions can be calculated. The port can be determined by trial and error method with the use of a frequency generator to simulate the frequency response of the enclosure.
    Post your speaker model or type. If possible, include the parameters (i.e. Fs, Vas & Qt). If not available, search in the internet.

Help Cewin Vega Box Size