New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi. Need to change my head unit and 2 speakers (preferably stock size). I would like a USB input for the head unit and single din (preferably alpine, pioneer, sony, kenwood), probably the lowest end with USB capability. I live in the QC (proj 6) area so if anyone can recommend a good shop in banawe it would be great. The defender has a noisy diesel engine and I will probably just be running 2 speakers so a nice durable set that can be powered by just the head unit is ideal. Is what I'm asking for unrealistic? Around how much will it cost? 8k for a head unit? I think 5 1/4 ang speakers sa harap. If that's really too small maybe a set of 6x9? Thanks guys.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Lowest end with USB capability would cost you around 5-6k not 8k. First research and finalize the socket size of the midbass on the 97 Defender. Mahirap magrecommend without knowing the exact size.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I'm interested with this setup too. I will basically do the same setup on a single cab pickup with a noisy diesel engine too. I hope someone could recommend a decent setup. Vehicle has no sound setup to talk about so building it from scratch (any speaker size would do)
    What brand head unit and what kind of speakers?

Headunit and 2 speakers for '97 Defender