New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I want to know which would be better.
    My HU says it has 22w minx4chn (4ohm)

Is this enough to power front seps (still need to buy these) and rear 5.5" coaxials. The front seps will probably be small 4" and tweeter so I can use the factory mounting.

I don't plan on playing anything too loud. I'm just going for quality especially for long durations (on long road trips).

Eventually I'll also get a sub and I can use the pre-outs of the HU.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    external!

decent sounding na yung amp sa HU mo. tutunog sa tutunog sya pero pagdating sa high volume, parang mejo distorted na yung labas ng music.

yung akin, 4x50w HU ko, nabibitin ako sa tunog ng seps ko sa harap eh kaya i'm saving up to buy a fenton amp.

my 2 cents, HTH

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Definitely External! :D

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I'll probably get a fenton amp for the sub. I'm thinking of getting another one also for the seps and rear fill but for now sa HU na muna. I'll test it siguro with an amp...I'll probably like the way it sounds and get the amp....then I'll find something else to change again....hehehe:twisted:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can power your front seps and sub with your 4-channel amp and the seps at the back be powered by the hu.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I got the seps na and installed them sa HU muna. Ok naman ang sound pero bitin pa ang bass. Need to work on that next.

What happens when you don't use the HU to power any speakers and naka amp lahat. Is this bad for the HU or not?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you don't use the HU to power any speakers and naka amp lahat I think and IMO that'll be good kasi your not using your HUs built-in amp thus di sya masyado mag-i-init. Plus you'll get a more cleaner sound if your speakers powered by an amp.

Regarding your lack of bass try getting a bigger seps say a 6.5 inchers and not a 4 inchers or if there's an adjustments sa HU mo you can play around with it till you get the bass you want.

HTH :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    external. normally, external amps are more powerful than hu amps, na merong limited range lang.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    go external.....nothings more juicy than amped seps....:D

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Definitely go external amp. Ano ba ang seps mo and coaxials mo? Ano ang rms power? Kung 50 rms yan get an external amp close to the rms power ng speakers. 40-75 watts pwede na. Dont go close to the max power ng speakers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Head unit amp or external amp?