New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup agree ako kay theveed.. dynamat and lightning audio are heavier than flashband.... you'll need at least 2-3 layers of flashband to get the same effect of 1 layer of dynamat..

theveed, what generic mat are you using and how much?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    flashband is just an ALTERNATIVE for dynamats..binibigyan niya lang ng extra mass ang mga doors and floors ceilings para hindi mag rattle.

mas maganda parin ang dynamats or lightning audio.....

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Hello,

I'm newbie to this kinda of sound setup, where can i buy this Dynamat/Wurth/Flashband mat for the flooring and door sound deadening stuff? and Anong dimension and thickness nito?

I went to my friend's Gasket Shop, they're are selling a Felt Type Sheet, around 3/8" thick w/ 3' x 3' dimension per sheet. Do you think these are good for sound insulation? They can't provide acoustic property for these stuff but on physical property sheet pwede daw ito for sound insulation. Suggestion?

Where can I see these sample? Anywhere in Raon or Manila area? I'd like to compare it w/ my sample sana eh.

regards,
    Mondy

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try yung rubberized undercoating spray and see if it minimizes the rattle. It's available at true value or ace hardware. 200 pesos a can

5. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    has anybody tried that rubberized undercoating sa door skins, pano mo sya ispray? d ba sobrang messy?
    normally you have to spray mga 6-12 inches away e pag ginawa mo yun ull be spraying the door panels na not the skins d ba?

with regards to flashband, meron bang effect if you just apply it kinda like a cut-out of your door panel? holes are not covered.
    i was thinking yes kasi the panels are now thicker.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Very little. The importance of sound deadening is to reinforce the whole adjacent panel... kung isang parte lang wala masyadong effect. I mean, even if you flashband the whole door skin (yung thin portion lang) the difference won't be that great since the material isn't that thick to begin with...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    dyan nga ako nalilito. you say reinforce not cover up. so one does not need to cover up all the holes?

I had too much time today, went out and brought a roll. Tried it on the driver side door. Used up half a roll.
    It's no work of art. Looked like sh!t. haha. Good thing it's not something that's visible :p

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When we attempt to cover up visible, gaping holes, what we're really doing is to create an enclosure like environment for the driver (speaker). While adding mass to a panel is to reinforce the sheetmetal to make it less resonant.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're looking for Dynamat alternative I can get Wurth sound deadening mats if there are enough orders... There are two types, Aluminum and Polyurethane... The aluminum is for panel deadening, vibration stopper and mass augmentation, the polyurethane is for sound damping, heat absorbsion.

The aluminum mats come in 550x250x2 mm sizes and a 6 pack costs 2600. The polyurethane comes in 1000x500x11 mm and comes in a 2 pack (1 pair) for the same price.

By packs lang supply eh. I don't have them in stock, basta kung may group buy or purchaser, just let me know.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Theveed, may mga oorder ba nung wurth ngayon? I want to lessen the sound coming in from the outside kasi, so mukang yung polyurethane yung kailangan ko...

For the front door of a civic EG hatch pwede na ba ang 1 pair of the polyurethanes?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
flashband users feedback