New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    how effective really is flashband for sound deadening? i checked their web site and it's used for roofing purposes! i'm surprised pwede siya for sound insulation.. ok ba ito? or i'm better off with some of that "Wurth" material from the audio shops? (magkano ba yun?)

i'm just annoyed at the level of road- and engine noise of my car. this is a mazda 626! but it's a h*ck of a lot noisier than my friend's city.. nasisira yung wanna-be-luxo-car image :D

i don't intend to strip the doors etc.. madugo siguro yun. pero some sound insulation sa may engine firewall and on the floors.. will this help? i have a small budget and not much expertise, pero i will DIY it. what's the best approach? thanks..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    i think it would help... pero konti lang ....i used flashband as insulation and sound deadening for my gen 1 pajero linagyan ko sya buong interior used up about 10 rolls kulang pa :P

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    10 rolls = 6 thou! :P

4. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    dynamat or lightning audio. i think 2k to 3k ata yun 2 front doors.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    what about the flooring?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How much na ba ngayon dynamat?

i used two rolls for just 1 door ng pajero and parang kulang pa..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas mahal ang dynamat.....a long time ago kotse.com days...meron ng grupo (KAC na ngayon) ng regular peeps who tried the experimenting in using the flashband....it did wonders (according to them) specially if you compare the cost of flashband used vs dynamat cost....

Just install it properly and (probably) paint over it para hindi messy yung black tar....and it will do the job.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have tried using both.. i prefer dynamat

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Originally posted by orly_andico
    what about the flooring?
    pwede rin, even the roof... but i dont know how much. i'm gonna get dynamat too for the 4 doors and rear door. i don't know anything about flashband... except that pang tapal sa roof at mabigat sya.
    Last edited by cardo; September 10th, 2003 at 09:28 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i use a generic US sound deadening mat, in my observations, kahit yung generic mats it works at least 3x better than flashbadn, meaning, 1 layer ng "mats" works better than 3 layers of flashband, in the end, ganun din gastos mo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
flashband users feedback