New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hi,

Everytime I'd insert an audio CD on my car stereo, it always displays an "Er 6". According to the manual, "Er 6 indicates that the CDs TOC (table of contents) cannot be read". I've also tried inserting a CD that came with a CD cleaner but to no avail.

The audio cds work on my bro's car stereo though...any temp solutions? If not, where can I have this repaired and how much would it cost me? The model is DRB3675.

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    same problem here on my clarion HU but on an 02 exalta. Error 6 according sa internet is "wrong side" daw yun cd but d naman totoo since i double checked it tama naman and its been on that side for the past 5 yrs. feeling ko madami lang or misaligned un cd. nissan shaw took it in papaayos daw nila sa clarion.

you could go to the clarion store in Q. Ave. baka maayos nila.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hi Kyle thanks for the rep!

You mean to say 5 years mo ng na e encounter iyung err 6? Yeah, read on the manual na an example of er 6 is it could be upside down. Of course I made sure that the cd label is facing up.

2nd hand itong civic ko. Just bought it last January but failed to check the cd player before buying it.

Do you know where the exact address ng clarion sa Que Ave.? Hindi ako familiar doon. Their contact no. would really help thanks!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sorry bro dont know the exact address basta its near where my cousin lives sa building na may big sign ILLUMINATI ... the clarion sign should be 5 meters ahead. its on the same side as pegasus pero the block well before the night clubs.

i only got that error messege a few months ago. 2002 namin binili and it has worked perfectly until now.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks. I'm thinking though. Hindi kaya kasing mahal magpagawa kesa bumili ng brand new?

Medyo malayo ako sa Que. Ave. but thanks for the directions. I'll try to visit it sometime if I can.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka madumi lang yung lens.
    have you tried cleaning them using a standard CD lens cleaner?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    baka madumi lang yung lens.
    have you tried cleaning them using a standard CD lens cleaner?
    Hey thanks for the rep!

I have actually borrowed my bro's cd cleaner. Iyung may ni d drop doon sa CD. Tapos, we've tried inserting it kaso nag-display pa din ng Er 6

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah ok. probably there is really something wrong with the lens. time to have it fixed bro....

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Just went to Clarion's service center near banawe a while ago. They'll have it estimated. Er 6 daw has something to do with the lens. If it only needs cleaning, i'll just have to pay the service charge of 390 bucks. Otherwise, I'll have to pay for the new lens as well. Total amount could reach almost 2k.

They have an exact model which is on sale at 3,000 bucks. Nagamit na raw sa showroom before. Originally priced at 10k. Pag ganon din aabutin, bibili na lang siguro ako ng bago.

I hope it just needs cleaning para konti lang gastos ko.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yan talaga sakit ng clarion. i experienced the same problem with my stock HU. napikon na rin ako, kaya pinalitan ko ng pioneer :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Er 6 When Playing CDs with Stock Clarion Stereo of Civic VTI 2001