New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Best option is to still go for a secondhand CDA-9887.

#2 option (will upgrade in the future) is to just get the CDA-117 (as you like it brand-new) and upgrade to the PXA-H100 in the future.

#3 option (will not upgrade) is to just get any mainstream Pioneer unit. Wala naman masyado difference in capabilities and internal components so choosing is (jokingly) based how much you like its appearance.

Personally, I believe time alignment is very important. A more hassle way to do this is independent L/R EQ like how those old IASCA/EMMA champions used to do it in their day. Like I said, once you get T/A and your phrase correctly, majority of your problems are gone.

As for the lack of bass, madami pwede culprits. Since I'm not sure how you define bass (most people perceive bass as somewhere 50hz to 250hz where 250hz is the "macho" sound of the male voice), this might be due to the:

1. Crossover. Maybe Jon crossed the midbass at 100hz and as you don't have a subwoofer, so there's a hole from 20-100hz. This is HIGHLY unlikely for experienced installers.

2. Phase. Does the midbass look like it's "lost?", if it isn't focused or it's hard to locate, it's probably a phase issue.

3. Product defect. Although remote, there's also that possibility that the midbass is a defect. My Focal 3KRX3 had a defect initially and I had it replaced, before replacement all I hear was very audible distortion. The chances of it is very remote though.

4. Level-matching. Again, it's highly unlikely for experienced installers to oversee this. But it does happen. And as I do not know how the setup is: is it passively bridged? Is it active? If it's passively bridged, then #4 is automatically invalidated. If it's full-active, the midbass is probably not level-matched with the rest of the system hence it's -dB lower.

5. Perception of bass. I had times when people sit in my car and say "hindi ba dapat BOOM BOOM yun bass? Bat ang hina?"

Again, these is just one of those numerous possibilities on why. Other possibilities are: faulty RCA kaya? etc. For most cases, I'd recommend you check #2 and #4 first. #5 is also a common mistake on the user since there was a time when I switched my subwoofer off, cut my midbass at 100hz, and the first thing I exclaimed was "shet, nawala bass ko!"

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Best option is to still go for a secondhand CDA-9887.

#2 option (will upgrade in the future) is to just get the CDA-117 (as you like it brand-new) and upgrade to the PXA-H100 in the future.

#3 option (will not upgrade) is to just get any mainstream Pioneer unit. Wala naman masyado difference in capabilities and internal components so choosing is (jokingly) based how much you like its appearance.

Personally, I believe time alignment is very important. A more hassle way to do this is independent L/R EQ like how those old IASCA/EMMA champions used to do it in their day. Like I said, once you get T/A and your phrase correctly, majority of your problems are gone.

As for the lack of bass, madami pwede culprits. Since I'm not sure how you define bass (most people perceive bass as somewhere 50hz to 250hz where 250hz is the "macho" sound of the male voice), this might be due to the:

1. Crossover. Maybe Jon crossed the midbass at 100hz and as you don't have a subwoofer, so there's a hole from 20-100hz. This is HIGHLY unlikely for experienced installers.

2. Phase. Does the midbass look like it's "lost?", if it isn't focused or it's hard to locate, it's probably a phase issue.

3. Product defect. Although remote, there's also that possibility that the midbass is a defect. My Focal 3KRX3 had a defect initially and I had it replaced, before replacement all I hear was very audible distortion. The chances of it is very remote though.

4. Level-matching. Again, it's highly unlikely for experienced installers to oversee this. But it does happen. And as I do not know how the setup is: is it passively bridged? Is it active? If it's passively bridged, then #4 is automatically invalidated. If it's full-active, the midbass is probably not level-matched with the rest of the system hence it's -dB lower.

5. Perception of bass. I had times when people sit in my car and say "hindi ba dapat BOOM BOOM yun bass? Bat ang hina?"

Again, these is just one of those numerous possibilities on why. Other possibilities are: faulty RCA kaya? etc. For most cases, I'd recommend you check #2 and #4 first. #5 is also a common mistake on the user since there was a time when I switched my subwoofer off, cut my midbass at 100hz, and the first thing I exclaimed was "shet, nawala bass ko!"
    I will have Jon to check it. Sana pwede ngayon si Jon. Canceled lahat ng appointments ko today due to rain takot lahat sa baha. I wanted to buy HU yesterday sa tsikotshop but jon was busy. I hope that his not today. Thanks for the advice sir.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Just got home from Tsikotshop. Thanks Jon sa pagtuno mo ng sound system ko. Ok na ulit. After kasi ma install ng Maspro yun Head unit ko humina yun rear speakers and nag karoon static. Defective pala yun RCA kaya kulang yun tunog ng rear speakers. For the static naman he reduce the ground cable yun na nawala na static. Ngayon ok na yun sounds ko. Next investment is subwoofer. :P
    Again Thanks Jon and tsikotshop for a Job well done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
DEH 6350SD vs DEH 8350SD