New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Went to Megamall to check Targa and they also offered me Crystal Audio. I saw lots of thread saying Targa is bang for the buck. Here goes:

Crystal

CXE (200W) - Php 6,000
    Bizark Amp (800W) Php 18,000
    Amp Kit Gauge 4 - Php 1,600
    CMP x 12 (Subs) - Php 15,000
    Holder blah blah - Php 600
    TOTAL - 41,200

Targa

Targa Sub 12" - Php 2,600
    F4100 AMp - Php 9,100 (SALE: Php 6,500)
    MX 259 (5", 120W, 2-way) - Php 900
    X 653 (6.5", 150W, 3-way) P1,200

Anu masasabi nyo?

Eto sabi sakin:

No need to amp the rear, surround naman yun (same concept home theater). I find it logical, even my surround isnt that powerful...
    Rear speakers can be directed to HU
    For the Crystal setup, Fenton will do but Bazark is better
    May single/dual coil pa silang mentioned, 4 and 8 ohms

I'll edit this post if i remember other stuff he mentioned.

IMO, scrap the rear speakers, get a good pair of separates up front, a four channel amplifier, a good SVC or DVC (DVC prefered). Rear speakers are really optional since the highs and mids will come up front and the lows will come from the subs. Rear fills will supplement the subs.

Crystal or Targa?
    For me its a matter of budget, if you have money to burn go get the crystal Subs and separates, as for the amplifier I suggest you get a 2nd hand, for me its the best bang for the buck, you can search kotseaudioclub.com, dami dun nagbebenta ng 2nd hand audio parts....

Amp kit for 1600??? Bili ka nalang sa Raon, but am not sure if they have a 4-Gauge wire. Try looking for that in banawe or araneta

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    IMO, scrap the rear speakers, get a good pair of separates up front, a four channel amplifier, a good SVC or DVC (DVC prefered). Rear speakers are really optional since the highs and mids will come up front and the lows will come from the subs. Rear fills will supplement the subs.

Crystal or Targa?
    For me its a matter of budget, if you have money to burn go get the crystal Subs and separates, as for the amplifier I suggest you get a 2nd hand, for me its the best bang for the buck, you can search kotseaudioclub.com, dami dun nagbebenta ng 2nd hand audio parts....

Amp kit for 1600??? Bili ka nalang sa Raon, but am not sure if they have a 4-Gauge wire. Try looking for that in banawe or araneta
    For sure i will not go wrong with expensive setup of Crystal but how about Targa?

For AMP, i've read a thread here regarding Alpine V12 (fake) and Fenton 4100. What do you think is better option? Pwera sa Alpine V12 fake and F4100, meron pa bang ibang ok?

Meron akong nakakabit na 6x9 na Pioneer sa likod... nu gagawin ko dun?

And also i want a decent space in my trunk? What should be the proper way to do it w/o sacrificing the quality? I also don't know what is ported and sealed enclosures.

For the Amp Kit, does that include Engine compartment grounding like those Hyper ground kit and alike?

How about crossovers?

Targa is not bad for budget setups, but Crystal sounds better for me, it also depends on the tuning.

I'd go with the V12, specially with the newer models comming out with good enough power to provide some ommphh... but if you can source a 2nd hand amp like an alpine, mtx, infinity, etc. that would be better...

Check the amp kit. It should have a pair of RCA, ground wire, power cable, terminals, remote wire, fuse, fuse holder. you can use the your 6 x 9s if you can tune it so that only lows will come out much better.

if your concerned about space go sealed.

newer amplifiers already have built in crossovers... some older model amps don't you have to check this when buying a 2nd hand amp... do a searc here, it has been discussed many times.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Targa is not bad for budget setups, but Crystal sounds better for me, it also depends on the tuning.

I'd go with the V12, specially with the newer models comming out with good enough power to provide some ommphh... but if you can source a 2nd hand amp like an alpine, mtx, infinity, etc. that would be better...

Check the amp kit. It should have a pair of RCA, ground wire, power cable, terminals, remote wire, fuse, fuse holder. you can use the your 6 x 9s if you can tune it so that only lows will come out much better.

if your concerned about space go sealed.

newer amplifiers already have built in crossovers... some older model amps don't you have to check this when buying a 2nd hand amp... do a searc here, it has been discussed many times.
    Can I achieve both SQ and SP at the same time or atleast balance both?

I asked the person there regarding Targa - Japan tech, made in Philippines, components are from China... So Targa is ok?

Regarding the amp, so using fake Alpine V12 is ok? CHoices as per your advice: V12 or F4100? Panget ba yun Fenton, base on your exp.?

What do ineed to check when buying 2nd-hand amp? 1KW ok na yuN?

What's the difference between sealed and ported aside from space consumption? How about sound quality? Where should it be placed? SHould it be facing front (papuntang driver), back (palabas ng trunk), or a specific angle?

Meron pa sinasabi sakin gapang paloob or palabas, what's that?

Btw, thanks for ur tips hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I ditched my rear speakers na din for the Pajero. For the Benz, the rears are powered by the HU and provide some rear fill.

I'm running a 12" SVC on the Paj, a 10" SVC on the Benz. Both are powered by 'fake' Alpine V12 MRV-705's.

I suggest visiting Jeff Tan's shop along Araneta Ave. if you are a bit budget conscious.

If space is a concern, stick to a 10" sub as it requires a smaller sub. If you need more boom, go with a ported box. I got mine at Jeff's for Php 1,800.00 including the quick release connectors.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    I ditched my rear speakers na din for the Pajero. For the Benz, the rears are powered by the HU and provide some rear fill.

I'm running a 12" SVC on the Paj, a 10" SVC on the Benz. Both are powered by 'fake' Alpine V12 MRV-705's.

I suggest visiting Jeff Tan's shop along Araneta Ave. if you are a bit budget conscious.

If space is a concern, stick to a 10" sub as it requires a smaller sub. If you need more boom, go with a ported box. I got mine at Jeff's for Php 1,800.00 including the quick release connectors.
    Tnx!

Follow-up questions:

1.) What's SVC? 10" sub, d bako mabitin nun? And besides they have 8, 12, and 15s. How much is the fake Alpine V12s? Sabi sakin friend ko, check daw amp dahil namamatay pag naginit.

2.) I'm still confused kung anu and para san ang sealed and ported box. Meron pa akong nakikitang ABC box na dun daw maganda ilagay targa subs...

Lastly, Targa din ba gamit mo? THankss!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it depends on what type of music and what kind of setup habol mo. for me, adequate na ang 10" sub for the low frequencies in my type of music (R&B/hiphop/alternative). sealed boxes have a wider range of frequencies na kaya, ported naman maganda at certain frequencies but not as flexible as sealed.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP

bro Otep, how to get to JEFF Tan shop from SLEX? Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza
    bro Otep, how to get to JEFF Tan shop from SLEX? Thanks.
    Tsong, sagutin ko na kung pano ah. From SLEX punta ka Edsa northbound. From EDSA u-turn ka sa Quezon Ave. ilalim flyover. Pag u-turn mo kanan ka sa Quezon Ave. From Quezon ave. pag nakita mo Honda, Toyota, Mazda (ata) and La Legende (buhay pa ba 'to) kanan ka sa unang kanto Araneta Ave na yan. Kaso sa kabilang side ata so u-turn ka ulit...

Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon
    it depends on what type of music and what kind of setup habol mo. for me, adequate na ang 10" sub for the low frequencies in my type of music (R&B/hiphop/alternative). sealed boxes have a wider range of frequencies na kaya, ported naman maganda at certain frequencies but not as flexible as sealed.
    My music - different genre, as long as pleasant to ears. Gusto ko din d masyado i consume na space sa auto ko, btw ESi... What about ABC box, sab nila dun daw maganda tumunog ang Targa... d ko naman lam kung anu yun..,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Targa and Crystal