New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Has anybody here tried having the stereo on their vios serviced? The one on my sis' 2 year old vios just won't read any cds (both original and cd-r) and her first stop was the casa...she was given an estimate of around P3500 since it looks like it's the lens that's damaged. The price excludes uninstallation plus the labor fee dun sa gagawa (maybe around P800 all). I think that is kind of too much for such a very basic HU (2 DIN) with such a basic design and features. If i'm not mistaken, futjitsu ba ang maker nito?

Can somebody advise a cheaper alternative kase mukhang taga yung price nila eh. I am planning to just get another 2 DIN H.U. as i've seen some cheap ones here in the net. Around 10k for a brand new and 6k+ for 2nd hand ones na alpine. I guess my question is, is the stock unit of the same size as with any other 2 DIN's?

If i decide to just have it fixed? may ma suggest ba kayo na gagawa nito aside from the casa?

TIA!
    Last edited by BeetOls; March 6th, 2006 at 09:59 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why not replace it with a 1DIN cd player HU and fill the hole with a cubby holder?

BTW, have you tried getting your original HU repaired outside the casa? The warranty is done anyway.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    That's my 2nd option sir...yup it's already out of warranty. i might have it removed at Mickey's some time this week.

Can you recommended any good repair shop for HUs? I've heard about PhilSales in banawe? Can they help me with this?

And if ever i change to a 1din in dash cd player...where will i get the cubby holder?

Thanks sir GH!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    oo nga, bakit di na lang bumili ng bagong HU may mga bagong entry-level na HU na wala pang 10K, pioneer pa yun...

tama get a 1-DIN HU prices range from around 5K and up for pioneer brands, then fill the remaining space with a cd holder.

And if ever i change to a 1din in dash cd player...where will i get the cubby holder?
    most Audio shops in Banawe or Araneta ave. have this. Meron din sa Makati near Maylapis

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i think i know where to go from here! thank you sirs! you guys have always been a great help.

I think i'll just go with the 1DIN cd/mp3 player...parang wala talaga ako tiwala dun sa stock HU nya eh. aside from the really really bland design. hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pardon me if im wrong, 2 yrs lang ba ang warranty ng HU ng vios? dba 3 years?

not sure, but why repair a crappy HU when you can get a brand new HU with more features for a few grand more.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Sir mukhang lagpas na eh...i even thought 1 year lang ang warranty nya. newayss...

OT lang sandali...ano po ba ang ibig sabihin ng DIN sa 1DIN or 2DIN? =)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
crappy VIOS stereo