New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    The power telescoping antenna on my 2008 Ford Escape has stopped working. A replacement assembly costs 16k From Ford. Is there any shop that can convert power antenna to fixed mast?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Putol lang yung geared nylon/plastic string nyan. Kayang-kaya nila palitan yun sa banawe. Magtanong ka lang dun sino nagrerepair ng power antenna. No need to replace the whole assembly.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I had that white string replaced before in my ride but it did not last long. I decided to buy a generic power antenna in lazada for less than 1K and installed it if you opt for the power antenna. I was looking also for a manual hirschman antenna, but it cost about 3K +, thus I decided to get the automatic generic antenna instead.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Or why not just replace it with a rubber duckie?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Putol lang yung geared nylon/plastic string nyan. Kayang-kaya nila palitan yun sa banawe. Magtanong ka lang dun sino nagrerepair ng power antenna. No need to replace the whole assembly.
    I actually shipped a replacement mast w string that I had installed by an auto accs shop. Unfortunately a few days after they installed it the motor failed. So I am looking for a fixed antenna replacement. I bought one from Amazon but it is meant to replace the OEM antenna of the USDM Ford Escape wc uses a fixed antenna to begin with...the Escape here has no threaded receptacle to accept fixed antenna so kailangan replacement kit talaga.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sa vti ko dati nagsawa din ako kapapalit ng string gear cable..kaya hindi ko na pinataas pa ung antena at bumili nalang ako ng active antena.indoor antena na electronic.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The key to power antennas is to not let it get caught in anything. Once that happens, thats when the problems starts.

Besides the HU power i also installed an up-down switch so i can manually lower the antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk