New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    would you buy a second hand HU or would you rather buy a bnew one?

tia

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    brand new for me but really depends if the price of the 2nd hand is so tempting.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i like to think that nothing beats brand new lalo na kung may warranty.
    kaya yaw ko ng 2nd hand baka may tama na yun or something kaya kahit mas mahal brand new, ok lang.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Korek para walang sisihan, kung san mo binili dun mo din pakabit. Nangyari sakin dati, binigyan ako ng bayaw ko ng rockford na amp, yun nakakabit sa auto niya kasi nagpalit siya. So pinakabit ko sa banawe, langya pag kabit nasunog..Sabi ng installer sira na daw talaga yung amp..Sabi ng bayaw ko gawa daw yun..So ngyari napilitan nako bumili ng bago..ayun gumana naman ng maayos..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    mag brand new kana yuds ..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Some stores offer open box units with very, very minimal flaws (small scratch here, or there, etc) but still carry the same warranty. I went with an open box Eclipse CD3413 unit for $150 back in 2004 or 2005 I think, and up until to day I still use it and has given me no problems whatsoever - not a single one. It has MP3, CD-R capability, a built in amp, and some more stuff I'm not familiar with (just check out the specs online). Then recently I saw refurbished ones (exact same model) going for $75 a pop at a nearby auto parts store.

Pag pinakabit mo sa iba, siguraduhin mo muna na gumagana siya nang mahusay. Make sure you tell them it's in good working order at pag nasira nila yon bibilhin nila yung unit for what you got it for (or more depende na yon sa iyo hehe).

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    pag walang sira yung 2nd hand at excelente de mechanismo y pacia. Get it, if the price is right.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ok lang 2nd hand basta kelangan bago mo kunin nakakabit pa sa auto nya para makita mo kung a1 condition pa at lahat ng function ay gawa o sira na.. malaki din kasi difference ng bnew sa 2nd hand..imo

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Normally I'd really go for brand new ones but heck, even new units can turn out to be lemons.

And more often than not, I'm a bargain hunter so if I were to go for second hand I'd test it out very thoroughly since by experience, nearly every bargain item has a catch.

Try to scout for brand-new car owners who want to immediately change their good stock HUs.

Most importantly, don't rush your audio set-up you might lose more money in the long run.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Most importantly, don't rush your audio set-up you might lose more money in the long run.
    Yep, it took me a few hours to decide which one I wanted, while I was looking at the local available units. I didn't know any better about its specifications, but seemed like a good choice now that I think of it

I also wanted the knobs instead of buttons for volume and/or tuning. There's also a mute function on other HU's that come in handy when somebody suddenly calls you on your phone and you need to quickly tone down the music, so I thought either that or a quick turn of the volume knob should do the trick. Then I decided I didn't want to keep pressing buttons when turning the volume up or down. These little things add up to the ownership experience, which you really can't determine when scouting around and just basing your decision on the specifications and looks of the unit. You have to test it yourself to really know if that's what you want.

So know what you want in an HU, then scout around. Recently I was wondering if there are any better replacements to my HU, then I realize I was content with what I had and didn't need any newer one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
bnew or 2nd hand HU