New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    guys new here, need help naman, gusto ko kasi palitan yung HU ko, stock pa din kasi yung nandun. gusto ko lang malaman kung alin ang maganda sa 2, kasama na din speaker, juz the HU with speaker lang not really sound setup. and mas maganda din ba kung pati front speaker sabay na ilagay or tsaka na lagyan ng front speaker, choices ko sa pioneer is model 1250 or 2250, sa sony wala pa. sa speaker naman 6x9 ang nagustuhan ko sa pioneer, thanks,...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kahit alin sa dalawang Headunit ayos naman . Itong isang gamit ko Sony headunit at Pioneer na speaker sa harap at likod mas maganda at malayo naman tunog kumpara sa stock na nakakabit sa sasakyan ko.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    both are good, but there are other brands that are quite as good but cheaper than the two. its just that sony is sony and pioneer is pioneer. you know what i mean.

ill pick pioneer since its cheaper by a bit, but as good as sony.

it really depends on how you set it up with your speakers, amps and subs. a good combination will give you the best sound quality. in your case, its better to have a good seps and tweets at front, and a pair of 6x9 at the rear. if you can jack those at an amplifier, much better. a v12 amp will do. not sure though about specific models.

just a reminder, never mind the decibels of your bass, always keep in your mind whats noise and whats music.

i prefer PIONEER. invest on a good model though like DEH-4150SD or higher.as for the speakers, it depends on your budget. for me, the best brand for low budget sounds are Ryan Audio coax speakers -front / 3-way for the rear if you will be using 6x9.. for a high end budget (which also means you need an amplifier and sub), i would say JL Audio, Hertz, Focal, MB Quart, DLS, REm Rockford Fosgate are the brands to choose from. try to visit a local audio shop near your place so you can also get other people's (and installers) opinions.by the way, what's your ride? =)

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Both are almost the same in quality. Mas maganda lang minsan pagkayari ng plastics ng Sony Explode. Sound quality pareho lang. Features din. Seems mas mahal SE sa mga Pioneer though.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Pioneer...maganda sounds and the quality...I own a pioneer HU.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    pioneer, good brand and performance but cheaper than sony.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    nakalumang pioneer HU ako (yung mga unang modelo pa na me rem) at grabe sa ngayon hindi ko balak palitan kasi ang ganda ng tunog.. mga pinsan ko pioneer din gamit at maganda talaga tunog basta mapartneran ng magandang speakers..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Try to consider also Alpine, Kenwood head units. As per my experience, these brands are more durable and sounds better than Pioneer, Sony. Lately, most Pioneer brands are made in China, Malaysia.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Kenwood is not too easy to use. I regret not fitting my car with Pioneer's... I wanted to try a new brand since im very much familiar with Pioneers already. Im not impressed with Kenwood's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
which is better PIONEER HU or SONY XPLODE?