Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dito siguro sya bumili ng Kenwood..
    daming options.. http://www.laaccessories.com/

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Thanks! Bought it from LA Cars last Dec 2009. Paid over 50k for it.
    Sir Sulit ba? for 50K? ano Audio setup nyo? at magkano inabot?
    Anong features ang wla jan sa Kenwood? meron na bang GPS yan for 50K?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff18ms View Post
    Sir Sulit ba? for 50K? ano Audio setup nyo? at magkano inabot?
    Anong features ang wla jan sa Kenwood? meron na bang GPS yan for 50K?
    Na post ko na to before somewhere. Anyway...

It's expensive talaga dahil nabaon ako sa utang for several months. But I wanted the best HU. I didn't want to pay for something that won't satisfy my eyes and ears. For 25-35k (my original budget), the choices I have is to either go for an HU that's simplistic but has good SQ or go with a multimedia one but with mediocre SQ. I wanted both (sakim ako eh :D ) and this Kenwood was the top of the line back then that has everything I needed and it was available locally.

The HU powers a pair of DLS R6A front seps directly (no outboard amp), a Blaupunkt THb210 powered sub, and I also added some deadening in the doors. It was tuned to perfection by no less than his SQ'ness, elco.

I got the GPS module just early this year from eBay for an additional 14k.

All in all, this ICE cost me around 85k and yes, they're insured. :D Mahirap na.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008

It's expensive talaga dahil nabaon ako sa utang for several months. But I wanted the best HU. I didn't want to pay for something that won't satisfy my eyes and ears. For 25-35k (my original budget), the choices I have is to either go for an HU that's simplistic but has good SQ or go with a multimedia one but with mediocre SQ. I wanted both (sakim ako eh :D ) and this Kenwood was the top of the line back then that has everything I needed and it was available locally.

The HU powers a pair of DLS R6A front seps directly (no outboard amp), a Blaupunkt THb210 powered sub, and I also added some deadening in the doors. It was tuned to perfection by no less than his SQ'ness, elco.

All in all, this ICE cost me around 85k and yes, they're insured. :D Mahirap na.
    Hehe Very Nice ICE setup nyo Sir, pag-nagkapera ako ganito din gusto kong setup.. Thanks for the info Sir.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    whew. kaya pala maganda, maganda din ang price! way out of my league.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hi sir

question lang po am not sure if this is in line with the thread but opinion lang kung pinaka-ok na brand ang Kenwood or if those like AVT equal in quality for the multimedia headunit?

any suggestions as to what brand so I can narrow my choices po?

I'm canvassing for the 2009 Montero Sports GLS SE

thanks

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I haven't owned an AVT HU so I can't make a definitive comparison between it and Kenwood.

FWIW, as far as quality, reliability, and reputation is concerned, my opinion is that the multimedia HUs are ranked accordingly:

1. Alpine, Kenwood, Clarion, Pioneer
    2. JVC, Sony
    3. AVT
    4. China HUs

Again, this is my opinion and also based on a number of user reviews on the net. Take it with a grain of salt.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    I haven't owned an AVT HU so I can't make a definitive comparison between it and Kenwood.

FWIW, as far as quality, reliability, and reputation is concerned, my opinion is that the multimedia HUs are ranked accordingly:

1. Alpine, Kenwood, Clarion, Pioneer
    2. JVC, Sony
    3. AVT
    4. China HUs

Again, this is my opinion and also based on a number of user reviews on the net. Take it with a grain of salt.
    I agree with oj88. Since i made this post i have been going around banawe and other places trying to ask around whats their preferred Unit, everyone comes with there own line depending on what they are selling. Basically i'm just looking for a place where they can demo the units and i can test them out, so far nada. I hope that the coming Manila Auto Salon this April at the World Trade Center will have a few demo units to test out.

In anycase it really depends on what your're looking for in a unit, and how much your budget is. From all the things i've read on the internet you cant have it all, your usually missing one or two things from one that the other has and vice versa. But for most cases most reviews do recomend the Kenwood and the pioneer models.

I found a few websites than might help you guys out. The one below is a gadget review website that covers everything from phones to sterio units for cars. its not all there but theres a lot to see.

http://www.testfreaks.com/

This other link below is another one dedicated to car stereo, You can do a side by side comparison if you want to.

http://www.stereo-car-radio.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Best In-Dash Multimedia Headunit