New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Just wanted your opinion on this guys...

Gusto ko lang naman ng konting boom boom. I don't really spend that much time in my car, and when I drive I like hearing the engine and other cars anyway. A friend of mine went with this setup and I figured medyo ok kasi it'll cost me about 2k less than subs-box-amp setup. Ok na kaya?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    are you talking of the amplified subs? afaik, it costs around 5k-6k. and afaik, if you are going to really add this to your car, might as well go for the amp-sub way para may expansion ka pa or room for improvement.

what i am recommending, instead of this scenario is to do the "clarity" way. upgrade mo na lang speakers mo to a separates/coax + tweets + aftermarket 6x9's. mas maganda ang tunog considering yung requirement mo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Yup yun nga. Amped sub is 5.5k, install is 1.2k so 6.7k total.

Sa sub-amp setup, mga 2k sa sub, 2.5k amp, 2.5k box plus 1.5k install so mga 8.5k. Halos 2k difference na. Pwede nang ipang-seps yun. I'm not planning na mag setup naman talaga, medyo nabibitin lang ako ng konti sa bass, hanap lang ng konting bayo.

I explored yung setup na seps tweets and 6x9s din before, kaya lang ang daming nagsabi sa'kin na mabibitin ako dun dahil sa music na pinapatugtog ko which is a combination of hiphop, house/trance and alternative, plus the occassional metal.

I guess your post made me realize what my real question is... Considering that I don't plan to further modify my setup (as in gusto ko lang ng bass na medyo bayo, period), is the difference between a) amp powering sub and seps, HU powering rear speakers vs b)bass tube, HU powers seps and rear speakers, really worth the price difference of 2k?

believe me bro, once you start up on this hobby, you'll get that upgrade itch

Even tho you listen to hiphop music, do you just want to listen to the bass? diba gusto mo din marinig yung mga lyrics? how about the kick drums, string instruments, horns, etc? how about the beautifull voice of Alysia Keys and other R & B artists? A sound setup should be balanced. You'd be better off with the 2-way separates, amplifier, 1-sub setup. Kung gusto mo malakas bumayo get a ported box.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing

Even tho you listen to hiphop music, do you just want to listen to the bass? diba gusto mo din marinig yung mga lyrics? how about the kick drums, string instruments, horns, etc? how about the beautifull voice of Alysia Keys and other R & B artists? A sound setup should be balanced. You'd be better off with the 2-way separates, amplifier, 1-sub setup. Kung gusto mo malakas bumayo get a ported box.
    I know how that upgrade itch feels

Actually I'm pretty happy with the way my system sounds even if it's mostly stock. Talagang kulang lang sa bass. And I will get seps din. Yun nga lang, it'll be powered by the HU. Kaya nga medyo dilemma ako, di ko alam if worth it yung difference nung 2 setup na yun

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

hehehe. ganyan ako dati eh. sabi ko before, amped subs lang gagawin ko. tapos nagkabitin bitin....

sarap kasing ng buong buo lalo na pag metallica live ang pinakikingan mo.

ang problema kasi pag masyadong malakas bass mo, masasapawan yun mids and highs which doesn't sound too good.

Plus having a separate amp and sub allows you more flexibility for upgrades. A separate sub also sounds better IMO.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ang problema kasi pag masyadong malakas bass mo, masasapawan yun mids and highs which doesn't sound too good.

Plus having a separate amp and sub allows you more flexibility for upgrades. A separate sub also sounds better IMO.

Ito na nga yung concern ko. Yung balance nung lows mids and highs. Pinakinggan ko kanina yung setup nung friend ko na naka bass tube. Ok naman, buo ang bass. Kaya lang I felt na medyo hindi 'cohesive' yung tunog. Kung baga, may mali sa timpla. Hindi ko alam kung kulang lang sa high (he admits as much), or kung ano.

Mukang I really have to think about this, at sabay ipon na din...

Thanks for the inputs guys, appreciate it! Kung meron pang ibang comments, feel free.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama sila. i would also go for the sub with box plus amp way. almost the same din naman gastos. . why not design the box to fit your vehicle? ;)
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    my colleague is using pioneer tube bass. his setup is pioneer hu w/ mbquart in front & civic99 stock at the rear. maganda yung setup niya, because the hu and tube bass can be configured.

if u don't intend to upgrade anymore and just want more boom, then go with the bass tube. but if u think you will further improve your setup, mas maganda ang mga subwoofer options mo w/ sep. sub plus box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
bass tubes