New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sorry if this is a stupid question...

my car is a stock montero sport, but admittedly I sit more at the back than the front. The stock audio is actually fine in front, but the rear passengers sound is really bad.

Most of the searches I found are always start in front speakers (2 way separate)... Is its also recommended for the rear doors as well?... or should I just get good co-ax for the rear?

I have tried adjusting the fader. but all you hear in the rear speakers are mid range, and its positioned very low.

I have no intention of upgrading the Headunit, or place subs... I just want a balance sound for all occupants...

and if suggestion is 2 way separates, where do i place the tweeters for the rear doors?

please point me to the right direction.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    ^ install coaxials in the rear. you may consider adding an amplifier if you need more volume. also, an underseat subwoofer enhance the low frequencies for a more balance listening lalo nasa likod ka nakaupo.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by monty_GTV; March 13th, 2019 at 01:43 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You can't physically have a "sweet spot" on all possible seating position at the same time.

Anyway, the quick fix for middle-row sound quality is to replace the OEM speakers to coax. Optionally, you can install seps and have the tweeter mounted on the B-pillar (as long as it doesn't interfere with the front passenger seat belts) or stick it anywhere forward of the rear passenger doors. This should help with the production of a more complete spectrum of sounds and nuances.

As for balance, to hear the proper stereo imaging or sound stage, there are actually two major contributing parameters here.... channel volume and delay. The balance knob can stand in as channel volume. But for the sound to be "really" balanced to our ears, a delay must be introduced to the nearest speaker in relation to where you're sitting. When you're on the driver's seat, you want to add some delay to the front Left speaker so that sounds from both Left and Right speakers arrive at your ears at the same time. When you've dialed this down properly, this would typically put the stereo center in the middle of your dashboard (but only to the person sitting in the driver's seat).

If you're the front right passenger, the delay and balance setting should be reversed (ie. Increase left channel volume and introduce delay on the right channel). That way, your perceived sound stage would still appear to be smack in the middle of the dashboard.

Some add appropriate delays to both speakers (mine included) to trick our brain and make the sound stage seem further forward (ie. the band may sound like they're playing from the center of your hood), as opposed them playing in-your-face. The former makes for a more pleasant listening, IMO.

But I digress... Changing out the rear speakers to include a tweeter would help tremendously on the sound quality. And if you really want to keep your OEM HU, you can only play with the balance and fader controls, which is acceptable, but not ideal.
    Last edited by oj88; March 13th, 2019 at 01:43 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Thanks for the inputs...

Seems co-ax is the way... but I have always thought the stock speakers are already Co-ax (sa rear)... meron pa pala na hindi ... at least no new mounting holes needed

My hesitation with the 2 way separates, is where to mount the tweeters w/o punching any holes.

Thanks again, this will firm up my simple decision

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cta2 View Post
    Thanks for the inputs...

Seems co-ax is the way... but I have always thought the stock speakers are already Co-ax (sa rear)... meron pa pala na hindi ... at least no new mounting holes needed

My hesitation with the 2 way separates, is where to mount the tweeters w/o punching any holes.

Thanks again, this will firm up my simple decision
    Kailangan talaga palitan yung headunit kasi AVT units tend to "weaken" the volume kapag nasa likod kahit paglaruan yung fader.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    yung sa vios ba puwede tayo mag add nang speaker sa likod. passenger sest door. dalawa lang ang stock speaker. may port ba sa stock HU pag nag add nang speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wenz_vios 1.3 x View Post
    yung sa vios ba puwede tayo mag add nang speaker sa likod. passenger sest door. dalawa lang ang stock speaker. may port ba sa stock HU pag nag add nang speaker.

kutingting nyo po ang HU, and see if it has provision for F/R fader or balance.

visit several car audio centers and ask them how much it would cost, should your HU need to be changed, for another one that has the ability, and ask for speakers.
    "yung mura lang po" or "yung hindi masyadong mahal po". don't be shy in using this line. i do.
    if some of them might have a listening room , for potential customers to "hear the difference"....
    Last edited by dr. d; September 5th, 2019 at 08:27 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wenz_vios 1.3 x View Post

Pwede. Bili ka 2 way speakers tapos lagay mo sa harap then yung stock ilipat mo sa likod. Plug and play lang yan kung may nakaabang na wiring sa likod. Kung wala, pagapang ka nalang sa magkakabit ng 2 way front speakers mo

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Burmester option on the S-class adds a speaker pod on the roof for rear passengers. The drivers are pointed at an angle so the sound is 'correct' for rear occupants.

Porsche Panamera has separates in the rear door, with the mid/high mounted high up near the B-pillar.

You can probably consider these mounting locations as a starting point for your project.

Some separates have tweeter pods that can be stuck on top of the rear window sill that shouldn't require drilling.
    Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; September 7th, 2019 at 12:43 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    Pwede. Bili ka 2 way speakers tapos lagay mo sa harap then yung stock ilipat mo sa likod. Plug and play lang yan kung may nakaabang na wiring sa likod. Kung wala, pagapang ka nalang sa magkakabit ng 2 way front speakers mo
    ask lang po ulit. sorry dami tanong. ano sized po ba ang speaker sa toyota vios xe 1.3 2019 model. any idea of the sized front doors and on the rear doors. then yung sa dashboard parang may opening dun sa pinaka gilid both sides. puwede ba mag kabit nang tweeter dun. ano kailang pag mag kabit nang tweeter. also for subwoofer. may mga nakita akong speaker units dito sa SG parang mas mura kon dito bumili kes pinas. need help lang. thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast