New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Tanong lang po sa mga experts...

I'm using Ford Lynx Ghia 03 and gusto ko sana pakabitan ng aux in yung stock HU. Ipod lang naman kasi kinakabit ko. Ayaw ko na kasi gumamit nung mp3/fm modulator. Madalas kasi may static. Hindi ko rin naman pinaplano na magpa set up ng sounds. I'm just after the clarity ng music.

Naisip ko lang na mas mura pakabit nalang ng aux in kesa bumili ng bagong HU. May nabasa na ko before na posible daw gawin to pero hindi ko na makita

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I did a lot of digging and after a 3 days, I came across this:

http://miata.fosketts.net/index.php?..._Audio_Pinouts

Stock HU brand is a Panasonic - not one of the usual ones so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have a hard time looking for a connector.

2002-2003 Bose (4H60)
    2001-2003 Non-Bose (4162)

Not much difference between the two. It says that it can be done but I'm definitely going to need a pro to do it.

Would any of you guys recommend someone?

TIA

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    i would suggest that you just upgrade your HU to a basic model of a pioneer/sony/jvc with a front-aux input.... price range siguro from 4000-5000pesos for the entry level HU.

most audio/car accessories shop even offer them at 6months installment 0% interest.

i doubt if theres someone who does that kind of modification.AFAIK.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're bent on keeping the stock HU (like BMW and Benz owners), try ordering an interface from GROM USB and iPod integration homepage

Otherwise, a pretty good HU with Aux in/IPOD capability costs about Php3,500.00 in Raon. At that price, the unit can also read DVD's. Perfect if you add a monitor (e.g. ceiling mount or headrest mount) later on.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Aux in sa stock HU