New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 307 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    pls. advice on how to set up audio system for a car. i want to have a descent sound. i'm looking at pioneer stereo system with pioneer or dai-ichi speakers (depends on the budget).

looking at pioneer's site... there are 3 way, 4 way speakers. currently, i'm thinking of having 4 speakers then later on amplifier and subs (if necessary).

do i need to put 2 x 3 way at front then 2 x 4 way at the back? or 4 way or 3 way for all the speakers? what should be the wattage?

re amplifier, what should i look for? wattage?

btw, are dai-ichi speakers good?

Sir in fairness magandang audio setup package promo na po ang offer ni sir Jedi ng Tsikotshop, at 12K super enjoy mo na ang sounds mo surely... punta po kayo sa thread where he offers the promo. Eto po yung link http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...ewpost&t=78643

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Dai chi? Anu yun?

If you're looking for sounds, Targas are nice for the money. Followed by Kicker probably. Pioneers are a hit or miss (mostly mga miss)

Haven't tried the A/D/S but the number of car audio users using it is increasing. Parang interesado tuloy ako.. san pwede magaudi?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A/D/S versus targa, mas ok ang frequency response and mas malakas ang power handling ng A/D/S.

Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    pls. advice on how to set up audio system for a car. i want to have a descent sound. i'm looking at pioneer stereo system with pioneer or dai-ichi speakers (depends on the budget).

looking at pioneer's site... there are 3 way, 4 way speakers. currently, i'm thinking of having 4 speakers then later on amplifier and subs (if necessary).

do i need to put 2 x 3 way at front then 2 x 4 way at the back? or 4 way or 3 way for all the speakers? what should be the wattage?

re amplifier, what should i look for? wattage?

btw, are dai-ichi speakers good?
    This is my opinion only but I think that a good system should start off with a good head unit that either has a CD player and/or is connected to a CD changer. A good system sounds best when playing CDs, tapes just do not cut it. Next I think component sets are made with fewer compromises than coaxial speakers so I suggest getting a good midrange/tweeter set for the front. Head units generally do not put out enough clean power so you will want an amp to drive the component set. In the rear where you only need some "fill" for ambiance you can get away with cheaper coaxials and set their level lower than the fronts to keep the sound stage in front. A modest (50x4) 4 channel amp is a good choice here for powering the component set up front and the rear speakers. You could use a good 2 channel amp and run the front and back in parallel on the amp but it would harder to adjust the level between them. Midranges sound best when they do not play bass so you will want a 2 way electronic crossover and use the high pass output to drive your 4 channel amp. I did not forget the bass! Most people are happy with a single 10" woofer or a pair of 12"s. Use an appropriate enclosure and a big amp (at least 75x2, preferably even more). Throw in installation and wiring accessories (like fuses and distribution blocks). Here's an approximate price break down of what this costs in todays market.

head unit: 4500-48000-96000

4 channel amp for highs: 4000-26000-40000

2 channel amp for lows: 4800-28000-90000

sub(s) (1-10" to 2-12"to 4-15"): 3000-30000-120000

enclosure for sub(s): 2500-6000-10000

component set: 2800-35000-75000

coaxials for rear fill: 1000-16000-28000

crossover/equalizer: 6000-30000-45000

wiring and accessories: 1000-10000-20000

installation: 0(do it yourself)-1500(basic)-4500(pro)

This comes out to 30000-400000! I realize that this is a lot of money and that most people do not spend nearly this much money on their car stereo. However, the things listed above are what I feel is necessary to have a system with only a few compromises. If you are less concerned about highs, get coaxials in front instead of the component set and power them off of the head unit and use some bass blockers on them. This will save you about some money. Getting a bargain head unit can save you some money as well. If you are really not into bass much you can forgo all the bass related equipment and run your component set full range. This will still give you clean sound but not much bass. However, you will save another money here. I would start with what I have listed above and take out parts you do not care about as much. Only you know what kind of system you can be happy with.

If you want, contact tsikot.som/shop asking for recommendations about specific brands. There is a lot of equipment out there that I have used but I will not comment on them. I am happy with the components that I have install My costumer was happy to it, so i'll just go on their budget, more budget the more accuracy and sound quality. When buying equipment try to spend time listening to it before you buy, especially with speakers. Also try to use equipment that is similar to yours when listening in a store. As for amps, it costs money to build a good amp so if you see some awesome price on an amp you have never heard of, it is probably a piece of junk. Stick with good names with amps.

Finally, if you are on a budget (aren't we all?) it works better to upgrade in steps. The most important thing is to have a car audio system that sounds good to you not someone else. If you are happy with just changing the factory speakers and stopping there then just do that. There is a level when that new amp or speaker is not going to make a difference so it is not necessary to always upgrade. There are people who think some system is terrible but it works well enough for me and anything else I do to it would be a minor gain and not worth my trouble. Do not let a salesperson talk you into something you do not need! Good luck!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Sir pahelp naman po sa pagpili ng upgrade parts. Sa ngayon meron palang po ako Pioneer DEH-2350UB and all stock na sa 2003 Vios ko. Plan ko naman po i-upgrade seps. What can you recommend for a budget of 5k? And okay lang po ba kung HU-powered ang bibilhin kong seps? Or better if seps+amp nalang pero pagkakasyahin ko sya sa 5k.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by thepadawan View Post
    Sir pahelp naman po sa pagpili ng upgrade parts. Sa ngayon meron palang po ako Pioneer DEH-2350UB and all stock na sa 2003 Vios ko. Plan ko naman po i-upgrade seps. What can you recommend for a budget of 5k? And okay lang po ba kung HU-powered ang bibilhin kong seps? Or better if seps+amp nalang pero pagkakasyahin ko sya sa 5k.
    Get a Morel. You can power those using a stock HU, but you should really consider to start saving additional cash for an amplifier. Amps are expensive, don't underestimate them

Upgrade means putting more than 2-3 times than the stock, at in 5k, i recommend to buy first a good separates and power them with your head unit, together with the stock rear speaker, it will give some change but so if you have another budget, get some amp to help your head unit driving them, a 4 channel amp is a good choice, seps are range from 3600 to 4800, basic components, and these is the best selling price in our shop.
    But if your plan is just want to upgrade it at once, never to amplify it later, so just buy a 2 sets of full range speakers, 2-3 way is the best, and it range from 2300-2500, just think what you want sir, visit our shop and hear this things if you have time and give you more recommendation.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Get a Morel. You can power those using a stock HU, but you should really consider to start saving additional cash for an amplifier. Amps are expensive, don't underestimate them
    Sir if ever i get a pair of morel maximo, pwede na po ba ung amps in the 2.5k range?

Upgrade means putting more than 2-3 times than the stock, at in 5k, i recommend to buy first a good separates and power them with your head unit, together with the stock rear speaker, it will give some change but so if you have another budget, get some amp to help your head unit driving them, a 4 channel amp is a good choice, seps are range from 3600 to 4800, basic components, and these is the best selling price in our shop.
    But if your plan is just want to upgrade it at once, never to amplify it later, so just buy a 2 sets of full range speakers, 2-3 way is the best, and it range from 2300-2500, just think what you want sir, visit our shop and hear this things if you have time and give you more recommendation.
    Thanks for your reply sir. Anong brands po ung pasok sa 3600 to 4800? And magkano po additional for installation and wiring?

Sir if ever i get a pair of morel maximo, pwede na po ba ung amps in the 2.5k range?

Thanks for your reply sir. Anong brands po ung pasok sa 3600 to 4800? And magkano po additional for installation and wiring?
    pwede po sony, JBL, DLS, A/D/S, and marami pa, depend na yun sa choice mo, installation is free for tsikot members.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikotshop View Post
    pwede po sony, JBL, DLS, A/D/S, and marami pa, depend na yun sa choice mo, installation is free for tsikot members.
    sir magkano po price ng A/D/S 1689 and 236is sainyo? and yung lightning lab 60x4 amplifier? and may contact numbers po kayo sa taguig shop niyo?

audio set-up for beginners [continued]