New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    guys need help.... have a couple of kapinteros at my house...and i need to build a box for my sub (Kicker 15in)....
    wats the correct box size for this.... and wats the best material (wood) to use? tnx guys... :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what type of box would you want and what vehicle would you place it in?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Material to use: 3/4" MDF

Box size: Refer to the manual of your Kicker Sub.

HTH

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    what is better for sq, sealed or ported? will place it in a corolla ae 101. the 3/4 is the thickness rt? sori kidd i dont have the manual na yata e :oops:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for SQ......a ported box will do.......:D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm... for sq it's advisable you go sealed. some systems go ported but it would depend on the sub. Though IMHO sealed is the typical enclosure for SQ systems. Ported is typically for SPL systems. oh yeah, if ur going to use a 15" sub masasayangan ka. because in an sq system there is minimal play of the sub. people lessen the sub gain so that you can hear more of the kalansing ikanga ng mga tweeters and the mild thump of ur mid bass.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for sq...sealed box is always preferred.

iagree with mon...ported is recommended more for spl because you can tune the box and the port to a specific frequency...blah blah blah....

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    You're right, 3/4" is the thickness. Mond and Glenn are also right, that in most SQ systems, sealed enclosure is the preferred baffle design. Simply because it can play a broader range of frequencies as compared to ported and bandpass enclosures, and usually it has a "flat-er" frequency response than the latter two.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sealed it is... mond sori but thats the only sub i hav (bigay lang kasi so sayang lang di ba)... now if sum1 is kind enuf 2 provide me with the dimensions.... :wink:
    btw mdf or plywood? :roll:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anton, no apologies needed buddy. a tip, minimal power lang bigay mo sa sub para di malunod ang mga seps mo. mdf ang gamitin mo. dimensions, maybe u can try going to the kicker site and ask them for the specs. they would be the best place to go for your inquiry about the box

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Audio gurus...