New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mga experts,

I had no problems with my audio system, until last week. Whenever I rev the engine of my car, the amplifier goes OFF. Ung green light nagiging red. I would turn off the stereo for a few seconds, then turn it on again and the amplifier would work. When I rev the engine......patay nanaman. What could be the problem???

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Igorot61 View Post
    Mga experts,

I had no problems with my audio system, until last week. Whenever I rev the engine of my car, the amplifier goes OFF. Ung green light nagiging red. I would turn off the stereo for a few seconds, then turn it on again and the amplifier would work. When I rev the engine......patay nanaman. What could be the problem???
    tolerance level ng amp? parang nangyari na sa akin yun before. yun sa akin naman, pag lumampas sa certain volume yung HU, nawawala lahat.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    so what could be the remedy?

You amplifier might be getting into auto protect mode.. check your gain settings, might be too high, it shouldn't go over 1/2. 1/4 would be an ideal setting.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i second ILD
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I tried to lower the gain to 1/4 to 1/2 just as you suggested....ganun pa rin....nag pro-protect if I rev my engine..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    check the voltage output of the alternator, baka when you rev it it goes over 14.8 volts nag proprotect ang amp.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    try mo disconnect mga speaker terminal sa amp, then rev, then observe kung mag protect pa.
    tighten the ground, remote and battery teminal ng amp, baka loose.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I tried all your suggestions.....nothing worked. Mas malala nga ngayon e: OK ung amp na tumutugtog when the engine is not running. but when I start the engine....nagpro-protect nanaman

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka masyadong malakas binibigay na voltage ng alternator, gano katagal bago mag protect ung amp when you rev? nangyayari ba to kahit kaka bukas mo lang ng engine tapos ni rev mo(namamatay agad ampli?)...pag nagawa mo na lahat ng suggestions dito at ganun pa din, patulong ka na po sa professional

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
amplifiers goes OFF