New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hmmmm.... the car's battery is the de facto regulator.... and I assume that the car's electricals are all across this battery.... and you checked all power lines are tight.... Amplifier's internal circuit protection could be acting up....

2201:attack:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    bro. sad to say but i think ur ampli was already busted...try to bring it to ur trusted techincian to check it...to make sure that this problem will not happen again...check ur HU and ampli wiring connections, i think it's better kung direct sa battery ung power supply ng ampli mo w/ correct fuse para safe...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Igorot61 View Post
    Mga experts,

I had no problems with my audio system, until last week. Whenever I rev the engine of my car, the amplifier goes OFF. Ung green light nagiging red. I would turn off the stereo for a few seconds, then turn it on again and the amplifier would work. When I rev the engine......patay nanaman. What could be the problem???
    try m lang sir pacheck ung ampli bka yung regulator circuit nya ang may problema nasesense ng protection circuit na over voltage ang input due to increase voltage galing sa alternator,maybe the regulator transistor, capacitor or zener diode ang papalitan pwede rin faulty protection circuit sensitive na siya.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Igorot61 View Post
    Mga experts,

I had no problems with my audio system, until last week. Whenever I rev the engine of my car, the amplifier goes OFF. Ung green light nagiging red. I would turn off the stereo for a few seconds, then turn it on again and the amplifier would work. When I rev the engine......patay nanaman. What could be the problem???

Your Apms cuts off at high volume. Check the following on your system.
    1. Your input sensitivity may be set too high. Adjust it.

2. Is there adequate ventillation around the amp to carry off excess heat? If none, relocate your amps.

3. Do you have the bass control on your receiver or EQ tuned all the way up?
    Is the loudness on too?

4. Consider using a thicker wire.

5.If you running a 2-ohm load, is your amps designed to handle it?

6. Or you may have a bad ground. Make sure the ground wire is solidly connected to the metal chassis of your car.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    last week may customer kmi na nagpacheck...
    palaging nag auto-protect amps nya...
    palagi din nagpapaputok ng fuse...
    nun chineck namin wirings naka 2ohms tpos isang pair ng speakers ang dinrive ng ch.1&2 ng amp nya same with the other amps...
    at baliktad pa left and right and yung isang set ng seps baliktad din polarity...

yun pinarewire niya lahat samin ulit mula sa power cables hanggang sa speaker wires...

doble gastos tuloy siya...

di ko n sasabhin kng san niya pinagawa...

bsta pg ngpapagawa kyo ng setup mke sure tama wirings or dun k sa kilala mo para sure n aayusin gawa sayo... at importante yung warranty ng gawa nila...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
amplifiers goes OFF