New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi guys,

3 times na kaming nanakawan ng radio. Many radios now come with anti-theft features such as removal unit o kaya removable face lang...

Pero I have a friend, na kahit na removable yung face, ninakaw pa rin, kaya he still has to buy a new one (do you guys know anyone who likes listening to just the face?). Also, if we are absent minded, we might end up forgetting the face or the radio unit somewhere...

I was thinking... if we had a cool really nice radio. Why not buy the super cheapest defective radio we can find. Then forcibly remove the face of the cheap radio. Tapos, kapag pinark natin yung car, ikabit natin yung face ng cheapo radio over our own, para kapag nakita ng magnanakaw from the window, he'l be discouraged to steal it (eh super cheap radio ba naman eh).

Do you think this logic might work?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    Hi guys,

3 times na kaming nanakawan ng radio. Many radios now come with anti-theft features such as removal unit o kaya removable face lang...

Pero I have a friend, na kahit na removable yung face, ninakaw pa rin, kaya he still has to buy a new one (do you guys know anyone who likes listening to just the face?). Also, if we are absent minded, we might end up forgetting the face or the radio unit somewhere...

I was thinking... if we had a cool really nice radio. Why not buy the super cheapest defective radio we can find. Then forcibly remove the face of the cheap radio. Tapos, kapag pinark natin yung car, ikabit natin yung face ng cheapo radio over our own, para kapag nakita ng magnanakaw from the window, he'l be discouraged to steal it (eh super cheap radio ba naman eh).

kung talagang walang patawad ang magnanakaw... kahit ano ipalit mo, nanakawin pa rin yan.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Probably... on day time lang. they can't see it on nightime.

I had a super secured HU (mahal kasi 315$). you can only remove the bolt with a T tool.

nanakaw parin, sinira kasi yung dashboard.

it was my mistake. I silent mode the alarm at that time.

don't you have a car alarm?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kahit mura yung radio mo pag nabuksan oto mo dadalihin lahat ng makukuha....me alarm ba oto mo..kung wala try mo magpakabit.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    Hi guys,

lintik naman kasi mga magnanakaw nayan e.gayahin mo nalang yong mga pampasadang jeep bro, yon bang kalas lahat ng radio pag bumaba ng jeep tsaka swerte nyo pa kasi di buong kotse ang binitbit

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    good idea also is to choose a place where you park and kung 3 times na kayo nanakawan maybe choose another form of entertainment na lang.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    palagay ko sobrang obvious if you retrofit an "el cheapo" face to an expensive HU. plus your dashboard will look like shiet

di na ba uso yung removable yung buong HU? kung talagang pinagtitripan kahit walang face, tanggalin mo na lang lahat!! :bwahaha:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ipod na lang bilhin mo. make it 4-8 gigabytes capacity para marami ka na rin ma-store na music. hehe..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    or you can hide your HU. the only thing that can only be seen in the dash is a switch on/off. set the HU volume to half. use the FM modulator to play mp3 files and also control the volume control.
    Last edited by rion; September 27th, 2007 at 09:12 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    or you can hide your HU. the only thing that can only be seen in the dash is a switch on/off. set the HU volume to half. use the FM modulator to play mp3 files and also control the volume control.
    Actually nga, that's another thing I was thinking. If I hide the HU kasi, hahanapin rin yun ng magnanakaw, and when he finds it...

...Pero if we hide the nice HU sa glove compartment, for instance, then install a cheapo one at the usual location, kapag kinuha na ng magnanakaw yung radio, he wont look for the hidden unit anymore

Anyway, that was years ago before nauso ang car alarms. I since installed car alarms sa autos namin and hindi na nawala radios... pero the thought of this "mock-up" radio thing always stayed with me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
A novel way to prevent car radio from being stolen