New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Kelangan pa ba ng good set of 6x9 speakers if you want an SPL or SQL sound set up?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    The key is, the higher a speaker's SENSITIVITY RATING, the louder it will play from the amount of power it receives. If you have a system w/o external amplifiers, or want to maximize output of the amplifier you do have to pay a attention to the speakers specification. So 6x9 speakers is not relatively louder than 6 1/2" speakers with higher sensitivity.

Also choice the speakers POWER RATINGS you want cause this will indicate the power range a speakers can handle continuously w/o distorting. Peak power refers to how much power a speaker can handle during a brief musical burst (parang basag na ang tunog). So think about what kind of sounds you'd prefer before you decide. Dont rush yourself or you may not like the outcome. Good luck

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The simple answer: No.

Most of the audio nuts I've listened to actually frown on 6x9s. They would rather use coaxials as rear fill, with the bulk of the sound coming from the front separates.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ +1

the rear 6X9 is just there for the rear fill or feel. para lang may naririnig yung back seat passengers. for the SPL, concentrate on the amp and subs na lang. sayang lang if you put some money sa 6X9.

the 6X9 upgrade is for those setup na walang amp. kung baga lahat powered ng HU.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    no need for me. a good quality separates and in my case i did place coaxials on my rear door - sayang eh. plus syempre 12" sub.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i have a 6x9 for my rear but im planning to buy a sub and amp later. what will i do to the 6x9 when i have a sub? can i put it in the front? thanks for the info

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir you cant put the 6X9 sa front unless your willing to drill holes for that. SPL setup concentrates sa amp and subs, let the seps and rear be driven by the HU to maximize the power of the amp for 2 subs 12"...

what kind of set up do want? SPL or SQL?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Benta mo na lang.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Don't bother installing 6x9 speakers if you are after either a SPL or a SQL set-up... Sayang lang... go for separates instead.

6x9 speakers?