New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi guys!

i want to hear your suggestions on what equipments i should purchase and install for my navara. Im currently using the stock HU and speakers and im willing to spend 35-40k for my supposed new set up before xmas 2012..

Can you guys suggest a good set up for me? i prefer branded 2DIN head units with navigation rather than china brands.

Thanks and more power!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    2 din with navi - pioneer 8450bt (around 25k, needs 3g network)
    2 din panel (around 2500)
    Wirings (gauge 4-0, around 2500, never go for the cheap ones)
    Amplifier (up to you, there are lots of brands, around 6500-10k are already good)
    Separates (up to you, 4500-10k are already good)
    Underseat amplified subwoofer (if you want to save space, around 9500); sub with box (around 5k-8k are already good)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    thanks for the quick reply sir benny..

For the Pioneer 8450BT, if it needs a 3g network then does it need a sim card in order to work and does it consume prepaid credits in that matter?
    im currently using a garmin nuvi as my gps system, but since im upgrading i think its better to get a HU with integrated GPS..

for the sub, will it be mounted below the front seats? what brands and models are you suggesting sir?

forgive me for my ignorance and thanks for your help!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rrdanas View Post
    thanks for the quick reply sir benny..

For the Pioneer 8450BT, if it needs a 3g network then does it need a sim card in order to work and does it consume prepaid credits in that matter?
    im currently using a garmin nuvi as my gps system, but since im upgrading i think its better to get a HU with integrated GPS..

for the sub, will it be mounted below the front seats? what brands and models are you suggesting sir?

forgive me for my ignorance and thanks for your help!
    It needs a phone that is gps capable specifically apple products(correct me if I'm wrong), and it does consume prepaid credits, kelangan naka-unli. Hehe. IMO, your garmin nuvi is better because HUs cannot play songs when it is on gps mode.

For the sub, yes below the front seats. I recommend pioneer. I had the AVT 10" and after 8 mos "basag" na ang tunog.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    i see. with that said, maybe it would be better for me to get the AVH P4450BT? im checking Pioneer PH's site and the only difference that i can see is that the 8450 supports iOS app integration (please correct me if im wrong) ..

is it better for me to change every speaker to seps or would it be ideal if i would only change the front system and maintain the stock on the rear part of the cab.
    or should i go for a front = seps, rear=coax set up?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    watch mode ako dito ako am planning on getting infinity reference speakers as replacement para sa stock speakers.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rrdanas View Post
    i see. with that said, maybe it would be better for me to get the AVH P4450BT? im checking Pioneer PH's site and the only difference that i can see is that the 8450 supports iOS app integration (please correct me if im wrong) ..

is it better for me to change every speaker to seps or would it be ideal if i would only change the front system and maintain the stock on the rear part of the cab.
    or should i go for a front = seps, rear=coax set up?
    Mas okay kung mag seps ka sa front. Tapos shallow subs sa likod. Ibang iba kasi kung naka seps ka dahil angat na angat yung boses. Get a 4ch amp, oks na yun. 1ch for each seps and bridge mo na lang yung subs.

D ka naman siguro sasali sa EMMA. Hehehe.

Tinitingnan ko nga rin yung HU na to. My friend is selling one pero US version (AVH-8400BH). Check out ko bukas.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jay185 View Post
    watch mode ako dito ako am planning on getting infinity reference speakers as replacement para sa stock speakers.
    Ayos naman yung infinity reference. Yun nilagay ko sa isang kotse namin. Mas gusto ko tunog niya compare sa GTO na seps. Medyo aggressive yung GTO e.

Pero mababaw lang kaligayahan kaya oks na sa kin kahit ano sa dalawa. But... You can go with focal, morel, etc if you have a budget

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi Sir share ko lang.

May navara din kami and gathering from experience medyo weird yung stock speaker setup ng navara. 6x9 ovals sa front doors tapos 6in sa likod. May lalagyan ng tweeter sa dash pero yung amin walang laman dahil 4x2 pero yung 4x4 meron atang tweeter dun. If you want a sub you cannot install it behind the rear bench as it is too shallow. you will have to fabricate a box or a door frame siding at the cost of space or go with an integrated sub-amp underneath the front seats.

Feel free to use what brand you like as speakers. kami we have focal 6x9 sa harap at polyglass 6in separates sa likod with the tweeters the sa dash opening nakalgay also may integrated blaupunkt 8in sub amp sa ilalim ng passenger seat. This is not the most ideal of setups pero lahat kasi ng gamit na speaker pati stereo came from an older car. we just re-intalled kaya no more extra gastos and the cabin space is virtually uncompromised.

also I would highly recommend to deaden your doors. medyo may pagka tunog lata kasi minsan. This part we have yet to do.

Hope this helps.

eto pala yung old stereo 4350dvd (for sale by the way)

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    Hi Sir share ko lang.

May navara din kami and gathering from experience medyo weird yung stock speaker setup ng navara. 6x9 ovals sa front doors tapos 6in sa likod. May lalagyan ng tweeter sa dash pero yung amin walang laman dahil 4x2 pero yung 4x4 meron atang tweeter dun. If you want a sub you cannot install it behind the rear bench as it is too shallow. you will have to fabricate a box or a door frame siding at the cost of space or go with an integrated sub-amp underneath the front seats.

Feel free to use what brand you like as speakers. kami we have focal 6x9 sa harap at polyglass 6in separates sa likod with the tweeters the sa dash opening nakalgay also may integrated blaupunkt 8in sub amp sa ilalim ng passenger seat. This is not the most ideal of setups pero lahat kasi ng gamit na speaker pati stereo came from an older car. we just re-intalled kaya no more extra gastos and the cabin space is virtually uncompromised.

also I would highly recommend to deaden your doors. medyo may pagka tunog lata kasi minsan. This part we have yet to do.

Hope this helps.

eto pala yung old stereo 4350dvd (for sale by the way)
    nag install ka pa ba ng 4ch amp para sa mga speakers mo sa front/rear doors?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast