New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Nabili ng sister ko X5 niya 2nd hand running less than 500km. We bought it from BMW mismo through their pre-owned car program.

after about a month or so, ayaw na gumana bigla ng ibang windows nung car. thankfully may warranty pa yung car so narepair pa nila. kulang lang daw sa grease (natuyuan daw. labo)

The car was running fine until about 5-7km when its fuel pump malfunctioned.... malas pa nun kasi we were going all the way to batangas when that happened. Stuck kami under 100km/h because of that. (parang nagmmessage yung on-board computer na we cannot exceed that speed) ..... neweiz, at the end of the day pinaayos ng sister ko yung kotse. inabot siyang 16k or 26k. i'm not sure, pero being BMW ofcourse it was really expensive. Syempre nagalit ate ko sa BMW kasi sobrang 'bata' palang ng kotse, ganun na kalala yung sira at sobrang laki na ng babayaran niya, she ended up paying only about 70%

Ok na sana yung kotse (aside from its really stiff suspension), until today. Bigla siyang tumawag sa akin, sabi niya biglang wala na raw battery kotse niya. ayaw na magstart. (What the hell, the X5 should show some kind of warning for that.) Since malayo na ako, di na siya nagpasundo sa akin. Tumawag nalang siya sa BMW, since libis area lang naman siya malapit ang BMW sakanila... Pumunta sakaniya BMW tapos siningil siya 1.3+k para ma-jump start yung car...... after nun no problem na yung pag-start ng kotse. parang wala nang battery failure. Ang labo kasi hindi manlang diniagnose ng BMW technicians yung car niya when they jump started it. They just left it as soon as they got the car to start. eh what if tom. morning di na ulit gumana yung kotse.

I'm really dissapointed sa car ng sister ko, kasi being a BMW, i'm expecting it to be atleast very dependable in its first 2 years. I know it would be very expensive owning this car, pero kalokohan to. I don't think their service is at par with the amount of money we have invested in the car (and brand).

So Question ko lang po, since i'm not really familiar with euro cars.... are these problems common with euro cars? Is there anything i should do? Lemon car kaya yung kotse ng ate ko?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    either lemon, louzy service o d kaya ng car yung climate dito kaya nasisira. yang daw ang problems ng mga u\euro cars. we seldom hear of these problems kasi most of the owners of these cars are either ashamed to complain or seldom use these cars, weekende cars kumbaga. just my opinion.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sad to hear about your experience with your sis' X5. I guess the proper thing to do would be to write the BMW dealership about your experience regarding their "certified pre-owned" program and their after-sales service.

By the way, shouldn't the fuel pump be also covered by the warranty (assuming the malfunction happened during the warranty period, that is)? If that's the case, your sister should not have paid anything anymore. Dang dealers!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    meron na bang lemon law??? believe it or not, that wouldn't be the first x5 with all sorts of problems that i have heard of

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    The fuel pump should have been covered by the warranty.

I dont know about BMW Phils, but bimmers sold here have free service (oil change, wipers, everything), bumper to bumper warranty and 24 hour road side assistance (should you ever get stuck with drained batts or ran out of gas or flat tire, etc).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same comment with swapcentral.may nabasa nga akong automotive journalist, tinirik siya ng x5 niya habang tinetest drive sa north...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kakahiya sa bmw x5, you paid 4m plus pa naman for that kind of car that easily breaks down. mayaman naman mga bumibili nyan so n.p.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Madami na din akong narinig na x5 horror stories. Most of them are not limited to drivetrain problems. Kasama electrical, fit and finish, a/c, etc.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Ay oo nga pala, door handles niya dami nang "kalmot" marks.... turns out sobrang dali niyang ma-scrape off... sagwa tuloy tignan....

hehe di pala nagiisa ate ko sa mga horror stories... hehe thanks guys!!!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    As far as the door handle scratches - well, only way to avoid that is to not use your fingernails to open/shut the door. Any painted panel + nails = scratches.

Fit and finish - i do agree. My uncle who owns one had his for a couple of years and since day 1, i've heard creaks and vibrations everywhere - by the way, those are warranted too, so you should ask the dealer to fix it for free.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Rant about BMW X5 (and service)